CIVIC EDGE IS HIRING.
Civic Edge Consulting is a woman-owned, employee-led business based in San Francisco. We cultivate thoughtful engagement, craft creative messaging, provide savvy strategy, grab media attention, and deliver top-notch events––all to strengthen and improve the communities in which we live and work.
We’re growing our amazingly smart, tight-knit team and looking to add someone as passionate as we are about serving our civic sector clients.
Are You Our Next Administrative Assistant?
This opening is for a first-rate Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for directly supporting our company's Leadership team on administrative and financial operations that keep our business running smoothly.
Our Administrative Assistant will be the backbone of our internal teams and use their organizational skills and attention to detail to keep our company on track. This new hire will be responsible for tasking interns and senior staff alike, communicating directly with clients, and problem-solving last-minute curveballs with their teammates.
No two days are the same for this unique role, but responsibilities most often include the following:
- Directly supporting our company’s Partners with cash-flow management and financial reporting, including cashing checks and managing vendor payments
- Drafting agendas and preparing for weekly Leadership meetings
- Recruiting, training, and managing our Interns and Project Assistants
- Recruiting, training, and helping to manage 10+ part-time, multilingual Outreach Ambassadors
- Leading our onboarding processes for both part-time and full-time new hires
- Overseeing the planning and execution of staff retreats, fun lunches, and holiday parties
- Owning management of overall general office management and upkeep
- Contributing to new business development efforts
- Providing any assistance needed on internal projects for Leadership team members
- You possess a strong work ethic, are a self-starter, and people you’ve worked with have wonderful things to say about you
- You can maintain sensitive and confidential information
- You have a knack for complex calendar management
- Being organized and detailed-oriented is one of your strongest qualities
- You love people and get along well with a wide variety of personalities
- You enjoy being involved in several projects at once, love solving problems, and are talented at managing expectations and your own time
- You love collaborating across teams and it feels easy to consistently update your teammates about your progress across online communications platforms
Other Desired Skills
- Strong competency with Google Sheets
- Event planning expertise
- Experience in management of part-time staff or volunteers
- Exceptional verbal communications and writing skills
- Strong command of popular social media platforms
- Demonstrated interest in local public policy issues
- A Bachelor’s degree OR three-to-five years of work experience
This is a full-time, salaried position with a compensation ranging from $46,000 - $55,000, based on experience. We provide a flexible work environment, comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation time, a monthly commuter benefit, a monthly cell phone/data stipend, a 401k match, paid parental leave, and office snacks galore.
At Civic Edge, we’ll ask you to work hard and put in long days. In exchange, you’ll sharpen your project management chops, polish your writing, and get to work on some of the most impactful civic sector projects across the Bay Area. We reward hard work and love to promote from within. We also will do our best to help you achieve your career goals through professional development opportunities and thoughtful review sessions.
Applying for the Job
Please submit an excellent one-page cover letter and your resume – both in pdf format – to
email@example.com at your earliest opportunity. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Civic Edge’s Commitment
Civic Edge commits to advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, people with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. We provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable law in employment or service policies and practices.