Associate Veterinarian - Urgent Care - 2PM - 10PM
- $175,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Is this YOU? Are you a vet looking to have the best of General Practice while enjoying the rewards of caring for more urgent conditions? Do you enjoy challenging GP cases but want the flexibility for work-life balance that doesn't come with staying up all night with critical patients? CityVet has an amazing opportunity for you!
Dr. Nicole Koenigsknecht (Dr. K) at CityVet Prosper (in the Dallas area) is expanding her practice into Urgent Care, and we are looking for wonderful veterinarians just like you who are seeking schedule flexibility in their careers to join us as we offer extended care to our amazing human and furry clients!
How is this opportunity different? Unlike many other Urgent Care opportunities, you are working alongside Dr. Koenigsknecht, (Dr. K) the clinic owner veterinarian. Dr. K has several years of emergency medicine experience and is highly skilled in soft tissue surgery and dental. She is an excellent mentor for both urgent medical cases as well as GP and is known as being a great listener and diagnostician. Here you will learn, grow, and enjoy an excellent balanced working environment.
- 8 and 10 hour shifts available on Weekdays and Weekends
- Variety of additional shift options available
- Up to $175,000/$2,000 per shift/production opportunity
What is CityVet? CityVet is a growing veterinary network with 34+ locations in Texas and Colorado and more in development nationwide. We partner with talented veterinarians (like Dr. Kordis) to own their CityVet clinic. CityVet provides support, capital, mentorship, and business coaching to each location and partner. Therefore, every clinic owner has a vested interest in ensuring the success of their practice and providing hands-on mentorship to their team. Our owner veterinarians maintain a positive work culture, which is why we have a very high DVM retention rate and have been certified as a Great Place To Work. ™
Why should a licensed veterinarian like me want to work at CityVet? Three reasons make working at CityVet a unique experience:
- Autonomy - Dr. Chip Cannon created CityVet with the vision of giving veterinarians their rightful opportunity to practice medicine their way. He believes that vets should have control over their business and schedule and the ability to hire their staff. Additionally, he believes that veterinarians will take care of their staff and clients if they can enjoy the perks of ownership profits. His philosophy is reflected in every aspect of CityVet, and as such, we have cultivated a company full of incredible veterinary professionals. Keeping our belief in full medical autonomy, our DVMs also practice their passion. For example, some practice exclusively small animal, while others dabble in mixed animal, exotics, and acupuncture. There are no quotas or manuals you must follow - just lots of hands-on experience with mentors to guide your development.
- Support - CityVet has FIVE DVMs on its executive team. It is the only veterinarian company FOUNDED by a Vet, OWNED by Vets, and LED by Vets for 25 years. Since we are vets, we know how to support them and help them be successful and happy in their roles. We support the business part of the practice, so you can focus on doing what you have wanted since kindergarten-making animals healthier. We also take care of you with the following:
- We offer unlimited earning potential - Our progressive comp model has no limit (and no pressure). You'll receive a base salary as soon as you join.
- Supplemental income including stipend, commission pay with no negative accrual, and signing bonus
- Mentorship - not limited to your first few weeks
- Professional and leadership development through CityVet Academy, offering customized CE programs tailored to our individual DVM's needs and interests
- Health and wellness plans including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefit plans, healthcare concierge, company-paid life and long-term disability benefits, 401K with an above industry 4% match, paid parental leave, an Employee Assistance Program with mental health support, and generous PTO
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible work schedule and no Sundays!
- Kindness- CityVet has a strong set of core values and has created a positive, family-like culture where we all work together to help make pets healthier and pet parents happier. Our ego-free environment helps make each team member successful and allows you to work alongside kind and helpful people that make you want to come to work each day. Life is too short to work where you are not valued and respected as both a professional and a person. CityVet is run by Dave Boguslawski who was voted by Dallas Business Journal as one of the Most Admired CEOs for his ability to lead the company's rocket ship growth while cultivating an incredible culture.
We would love to invite you to join the CityVet family and work alongside our best-in-class veterinarians and staff in a friendly, supportive environment.
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Haven't found your role?
Visit our careers page to complete a comprehensive search for a role that fits your personality and skill set.
Know the perfect pet lover?
Submit your contact information for an opportunity to receive up to $10,000 if your contact is hired and meets our Community Referral Program qualifications. Read more about the program !
Follow the growth of CityVet on !
Get fresh Associate Veterinarian - Urgent Care - 2PM - 10PM jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.