Veterinary Technician – Full Time
CityPaws Animal Hospital is a two practice AAHA certified hospital in the heart of NW DC. We currently have an opening for an Experienced Veterinary Technician or Experienced Junior Technician looking for growth. This position is a vital active role within our hospital. Applicant must be proficient in the below skills:
· High volume of laboratory duties: phlebotomy skills, collecting, preparing, running in-house urinalysis, cytology’s and blood smears. Processing in-house Idexx equipment (Procyte, Vet Lab & Catalyst). Collecting and preparation for lab work sent to outside laboratory.
· Anesthesia: induction, maintenance, monitoring & recovery
· Surgery: surgical prep, doctor assistance, sterilize and maintain all surgical instruments and or equipment
· Dentistry: ultrasonic cleaning and polishing, digital dental radiology skills
· Radiology: positioning patients, calculating appropriate settings for each patient, digital capture of films
· Client Communication: when needed speaking clearly and comfortably with clients in reference to patient updates, discharge instructions, medication instructions, surgical scheduling and estimates, assisting front desk in determining sick/emergency cases
· Quality control, proper maintenance of hospital equipment
· Help prioritize treatments with doctor and facilitate in completion of said treatments
· An ability to help also with Doctor appointments, Tech appointments and Urgent Cares as needed.
We are offering competitive wages depending of previous experience, medical and dental benefits, commuting benefits, continuing education, paid vacation and sick time and paid uniforms. This is a full time position of 35 to 40 hours per week, must be available to work on some Saturdays.