This position provides customer service, administrative and clerical duties in support of the City municipal parking operations.
Hourly rate: $18.25; $24.64 achieved through merit increases.
Hours of work: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. with some flexibility.
- Provides customer service to patrons; greets customers and assists as needed.
- Fills cash drawers with needed currency for daily transactions; deposits and balances receipts.
- Prepares monthly lot permits; sells permits for ramp and lot uses.
- Charges account customers and mails lot permits to prepaid accounts.
- Completes weekly ramp and lot receipts; posts changes and holds on accounts.
- Maintains customer computer database.
- Performs office work; answers phones; files invoices; maintains file information; calls for vehicles to be ticketed that are in violation; performs light cleaning duties.
- The operation of a municipal parking structure and surface lots.
- The use of standard office equipment, including computers and relevant software programs.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Understand and follow instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the general public.
- Customer service.
- Oral and written communications.
- Work is performed mostly indoors; hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, prolonged visual concentration and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee may frequently be exposed to unpleasant conditions such as dim or bright lights, odors, toxic agents and electrical currents.