Transportation Driver, Part-time
- Posted: over a month ago
Transportation Driver (Part-time)
Public Works Department
Starting range $13.00 - 16.00/hour
Troy R.Y.D.E. provides transportation to Troy residents that are 60+ or adults 18+ with disabilities. Troy R.Y.D.E is available for medical appointments, shopping, employment, and recreational activities and vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
- Drive a passenger bus while providing safe and timely shuttle service to patrons.
- Welcome riders boarding the vehicle, effectively communicate stops and safety information, and answer questions in a friendly manner.
- Deliver excellent customer service to riders.
- Conduct pre-shift and post-shift vehicle inspection, including refueling as needed.
- Perform vehicle inspections as needed to ensure rider satisfaction and safety.
- Follow route and bus spacing, obey traffic regulations, and use defensive driving skills.
- Keep vehicle tidy at all times.
- Report all vehicle damage/defects and preventative maintenance needs or other issues to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- One (1) year of previous commercial or passenger driving experience.
- High school graduate (or GED equivalent).
- Must have at the time of application, and maintain, a valid Michigan driver license with a good driving record (based on City of Troy standards). Out of state applicants must provide current driving record at time of application and obtain State of Michigan license within one (1) month of appointment.
- Must have at the time of application, and maintain, chauffer's license, and Medical Card as required by the State of Michigan.
- Must be able to sit and drive for up to four (4) hours continuously, with regular exposure to traffic, noise, vehicle fumes, extreme temperatures, and outdoor conditions.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen (including marijuana).
- Employees shall be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Previous people transportation experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Proficiency with technology such as scheduling software, handheld devices, and GPS.
- Flexible work availability.
Part time, year-round, three (3) eight-hour shifts each week.
Varying shifts Monday Friday; 7:30am 4:30pm.
Applications are available at www.troymi.gov/jobopenings.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The City of Troy is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all applicants. The City of Troy will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, color, sex, height, weight, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Troy Michigan
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at City of Troy Michigan