Librarian I, Youth Services (Full-Time)
City of Troy Michigan Troy, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Librarian I, Youth Services
Troy Public Library
Starting at $52,121 - $60,121/year
Salary negotiable (within range) based on qualifications
The Troy Public Library is the hub of the vibrant, dynamic, and diverse City of Troy. The Library sees over 700,000 visitors per year and serves an educated and involved community and serves an educated and involved community. Under the direction of the Head of Youth Services, this candidate will work in a team environment to provide positive experiences to all Troy Families at our information desk, manage assigned collections, and provide dynamic programs for children 0-13 years of age.
- Participate in collection development of materials and resources appropriate for patrons 0-13 years of age.
- Provide reference and readers' advisory to patrons in person, by phone, and via the internet. Assistance includes utilizing all formats of information, including print and digital resources, and connecting users through traditional means or via computers or mobile devices.
- Evaluate programing needs, plans and executes programs and services for the youth population virtually and in person.
- Coordinate outreach efforts, especially to the Troy School District.
- Participate in long range planning of programming, collections, and services.
- Expand efforts to reflect and celebrate the diversity of Troy.
- Participate in staff meetings and committees.
- May be in charge of the building occasional evenings and weekends.
- Perform related duties and general library work as required.
- Master of Library Science degree from a library school accredited by the American Library Association. Candidates must submit proof of degree .
- Recent experience developing and performing story times and other programs for children ages 0-13 years.
- Recent experience providing reference and readers' advisory services for children, their families, and those who care for and work with them.
- Demonstrated knowledge of children's literature, both historical and current, and knowledge of child development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic databases, Microsoft Office applications, social media, and mobile technology, especially as it related to digital resources.
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with the public, library staff, library volunteers, and other City departments.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced environment, using excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate and secure manner.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a background check and pre-employment physical (including marijuana).
- Recent experience working with children as a librarian in a public library.
- Knowledge of Polaris Library Systems software.
Applications are available at www.troymi.gov/jobopenings.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The City of Troy is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all applicants. The City of Troy will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, color, sex, height, weight, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Troy Michigan
GovernmentView all jobs at City of Troy Michigan