Librarian - Adult Services
- Expired: June 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Starting at $20.00 - $26.00/hour
Wage based on qualification
The is the hub of the vibrant, dynamic, and diverse City of Troy. The Library sees over 700,000 visitors per year and serves an educated and involved community.
Under the direction of the Head of Adult Information Services, the Librarian performs a variety of professional and public service tasks in order to support the educational, recreational, business, and cultural needs of the community.DUTIES
- Provide reference service and readers' advisory using a variety of collections, materials, and formats.
- Train and assist patrons with eReaders and other digital library resources.
- Create, plan, promote, and coordinate on-site and virtual library programs for adults.
- Participate in selection, development, marketing, and evaluation of the library's print
- Serve as on-duty Librarian, and building manager, when needed.
- Perform related duties and general library work as required.
- Master of Library Science degree from a library school accredited by the American Library Association.
- Demonstrate proficiency with electronic databases, Microsoft Office applications, social networking sites, and mobile technology, especially as it relates to eBooks and other digital resources.
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with the public, library staff, library volunteers, and other city departments.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced environment, using excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have at the time of application, and maintain, a valid Michigan driver license with a good driving record (based on City of Troy standards).
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen (including marijuana).
- Experience teaching library-related technology such as eReaders, downloadable resources, online databases, in a group and/or one-on-one environment.
- Recent public library
- Knowledge of Polaris Integrated Library System
Average of twenty (20) hours per week, including day, evening, and weekend (Saturday and Sunday) shifts.APPLY
Applications are available at .
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The City of Troy is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all applicants. The City of Troy will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, color, sex, height, weight, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Troy Michigan
GovernmentView all jobs at City of Troy Michigan