Foundry Art Centre Program Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Foundry Art Centre Program Coordinator
Convention and Visitors Bureau
October 26, 2020
Closing Date for Resumes/Applications
November 9, 2020
$42,123.30 - $58,972.62
Benefits Offered Upon Permeant Full Time Hire
Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance; FSA; Retirement Benefits; Paid Vacation; Paid Holidays; Employee Assistance Programs and Educational Benefits.
The City of Saint Charles Human Resources Department is currently recruiting for the position of Foundry Art Centre Program Coordinator with the Convention and Visitors Bureau. The Program Coordinator of the Foundry Art Centre (FAC) reports to the Foundry Manager and the Assistant Director of Tourism. The Program Coordinator is responsible for curriculum development, event coordination, and classroom management. The FAC Exhibitions Coordinator is a non-exempt, full-time employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties required and assigned.
- Works under the supervision of the Foundry Manager to develop educational programming in the arts for children and adults
- Creates curriculums for classes, camps, and workshops held at the Foundry Art Centre.
- Schedules instructors to teach the classes as well as interview potentially new instructors.
- Prepares and modifies contracts between the FAC and Instructors.
- Collaborates with instructors on lesson plans and supply lists - ensuring the quality of the classes offered.
- Works closely with instructors while under contract for a class, workshop, and/or camp.
- Works with the CVB Media Producer to post all upcoming classes and online registration forms on the FAC website.
- Collaborates with CVB Media Producer to design promotional material for the education program. Materials are mailed and emailed to past students and members.
- Coordinates with the CVB Media Producer and the Assistant Director on marketing opportunities for the Education Program.
- Processes student enrollment and fees.
- Works within a budget to procure art supplies for all classes, camps, workshops and events.
- Keeps track of education program finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing art projects for the children's area of two major festivals in St. Charles.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing free and ticketed children/family friendly events held at the Foundry Art Centre.
- Coordinates and manages exhibitions in the Children's Gallery.
- Creates hands-on activities for the Baue Children's Gallery.
- Researches up-and-coming workshops, art mediums and instructors.
- Assist students and parents of students with any problems, concerns or questions regarding classes.
- Manages the Foundry Art Centre's Community Classroom and ensures it is organized and clean.
- Organizes educational tours for school field trips and community groups. Collaborates with Studio Artists for activities and demos for the visiting groups.
- Partners with Exhibition Coordinator and Foundry Manager to develop educational workshops, gallery talks, and other programming in conjunction with current exhibitions and events.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience
- Excellent time management, organizational, coordination and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate while employing diplomacy with high level executives within the organization on a global scale
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and set appropriate trace systems to track projects and work
- Complete assignments on time, or advise in advance of any delays
- Ability to access and accurately input information using computer word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet programs, specifically the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
- Ability to occasionally work overtime when the department is faced with critical deadlines
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent communication skills: including but not limited to writing, proofreading, and public speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments, working with a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Excellent work ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in art education, studio art, or art history or significant work experience in art field.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and photo systems.
Required for all Foundry Art Centre Employees:
- Flexibility of schedule; willingness to work weekends, evenings, special events, long hours, and fill in when necessary.
- Willingness to go above and beyond listed duties. Employees are expected to maintain a clean shared work space and cooperate in maintaining facilities, setting up and breaking down events, etc.
- All Foundry Art Centre Employees must be excellent team members. Job descriptions are not limited to the duties in one's own area when able to assist coworkers. Special events, programming, and exhibitions require the cooperation of all staff members both in planning and execution.
How to Apply:
Online employment applications can be accessed on our City Website: www.stcharlescitymo.gov
The City of Saint Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of St. Charles, MO
AddressSaint Charles, MO
BusinessView all jobs at City of St. Charles, MO