- Posted: over a month ago
- $73,109 to $93,215 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
The City of Sebring does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age or Disability in Employment or Provision of Services. Drug Free Work Place, EOE, Vet. Preference. All positions requiring a CDL will be required to submit and pass a drug test as a condition of employment.
Apply: For an application visit www.mysebring.com or City Hall, 368 S Commerce Ave., Sebring, FL 33870 or contact (863) 471-5100.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
Pay Grade: 123
FLSA Status: Exempt
A professional position responsible for accounting work for preparation and operation of a program budget involving fund accounting for numerous departments and a large volume of financial transactions including planning, organizing and directing the activities of the Finance Department. Responsible for payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Administers bond indebtedness. Invests City funds according to State Statutes and approves and controls disbursements of all City funds with the concurrence of City Clerk/Treasurer. Prepares monthly budget reports reflecting expenditures, encumbrances and current balances for all accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are illustrative only and are not meant to be all-inclusive. Job responsibilities also include any other duties as assigned by the City. The City reserves the right to vary, add to, eliminate, or otherwise modify the job duties set forth in this description at any time and for any reason.
· Designs systems and procedures for gathering information for the budget
· Establishes controls and procedures necessary and useful for reporting
· Designs budget format and sees that it is prepared in accordance with approved specifications and assigns proper account codes
· Makes certain that all legislative requirements are met in accordance with applicable Florida Statutes and other requirements
· Estimates all revenues to be included in revenue computations
· Reviews the revenue and expenditure portions of the budget on a continuing and detailed basis preparing forecasts so that over-expenditures or under-funding will be anticipated
· Advises directors, department heads, City Administrator, City Clerk/Treasurer and City Council of impending problems and confers with management to avoid conditions which may lead to budgetary imbalances
· Takes part in project review procedures with the staff and assists in judgmental considerations of projects and relating costs
· Reviews and tracks non ad-valorem assessment collections
· May supervise computer operations and selection and implementation of appropriate computer software packages needed for the finance department
· Responds productively to change and performs all other related tasks as required and as directed
· Provides supervision of Accounting, Personnel and Purchasing staff
· May act as City’s representative during collective bargaining negotiations
· Monitors bond issue requirements
· This is a Disaster Essential position
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Requires Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related major with five (5) years of progressive
experience in governmental finance. Attainment of an advanced degree may be substituted for
Licenses or Certifications:
Professional certifications as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Government Finance Officer, or Certified Government Financial Manager may be substituted for experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures and the ability to apply such knowledge of budgeting transactions
· Knowledge of modern office management methods
· Knowledge of the Florida Statutes, including TRIM notifications, rules and regulations applicable to the budgetary process and record keeping
· Knowledge of auditing methods, procedures and practices
· Ability to analyze financial transactions and make appropriate adjustments and entries
· Ability to supervise and direct office staff
· Ability to work effectively with department heads and members of the general public
· Skill in effective communication and in public presentations
· Familiarity with computer programs including word processing, spreadsheets and database applications
· Familiarity with criteria necessary for selecting appropriate computer software packages as needed for budgeting processes
· Ability to operate a copying machine
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with applicable law.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public
- Ability to communicate utilizing speech, vision and hearing skills
- Ability to operate a computer, keyboard, calculator and other business machines
- Ability to remain at a work station and view a display screen for prolonged periods of time
· Ability to operate a motor vehicle up to four hours continuously
Positions may be considered disaster-essential as determined by the City.
The City of Sebring has the right to revise this job description at any time. This
description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
E.O.E. The City of Sebring does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services
City of SebringWhy Work Here?
368 S. Commerce AveSebring, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at City of Sebring