Mission: To deliver a transportation system that provides safe and affordable access to places and opportunities.
SDOT's Human Resources Division has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant to provide the division with critical executive administrative support. This position is responsible for overseeing sensitive, confidential and complex administrative items on behalf of the HR Director. In addition, the Executive Assistant prepares a variety of reports and correspondence; serve as liaison to the operating units of the division; implements and manages a variety of special projects and activities; and reviews and monitors budgets as needed. This work requires personal contact with representatives of other departments and agencies, division level directors and managers, the staff of elected officials and with the public for coordinating inter-divisional work efforts, researching problems and providing information on the programs and activities of the division.
This position will report directly to the Director for Human Resources.
- Serve as primary professional staff support for the Human Resources (HR) Director; conduct research, develop options or solutions and make recommendations on a variety of management and administrative problems and concerns; and participate in management level decision making regarding policies, procedures and processes.
- Serve as a liaison between the HR Director and various leaders; provide direction, coordination and monitor assigned tasks or projects for the HR Director and management team.
- Review correspondence, research and coordinate requests for information directed to the HR Director; track and follow up on assignments; and prepare memos and reports as necessary.
- Negotiate and resolve administrative policies, processes and issues, providing necessary information to Director.
- Coordinate and maintain the HR Director's calendar, including proactively suggesting meeting attendees, agenda topics and preparing prep materials. Assist with email management as needed.
- Schedules, prepares, and attends internal meetings and special events for HR. Prepares agendas and tracks action items.
- Answers, screens and returns calls with diplomacy per the Director's instructions.
- Act as lead contact person for the division on a variety of personnel activities; track and follow up on personnel actions items and lead the on-boarding process for new employees.
- Coordinate regular division all-hands meetings, including setting the agenda and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Support department goals in promoting diversity, race and social justice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
These responsibilities are only a summary of typical functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
What will you bring to us?
- Known for your exceptional communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, you will respond to requests within 24 hours.
- Invigorated by efficient processes, you will initiate, manage and streamline processes where increased efficiency is possible.
- You have experience in issuing purchase orders, reconciling payments against budget items, coding and submitting invoices for approval and payment.
- You embrace working independently while also being successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Solving practical problems, comfort in ambiguity, and remaining flexible with projects, assignments, and tasks comes easily for you.
- Creating reports and presentations are in your list of strengths, as well as creating internal communications to executives, directors, and staff.
- You are gifted with exceptional organization and time management skills and can prioritize and manage multiple projects with timelines.
- You are proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or public administration or a related field (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience that provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
- Three years of experience as an administrative staff assistant, administrative staff analyst, budget analyst, or experience in a related field.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural workplace with a diverse customer base.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Legal or Human Resources background.
- Must have proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and highly disciplined.
- Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to get along with a wide range of people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, good judgment, and time management skills are very important.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
- Completed NEOGOV online application.
- Supplemental questionnaire responses
- Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.