Center Facility Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This job classification has been designated as a safety sensitive job classification in accordance with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act, 63 O.S., § 427.1 et seq., (OSCN 2019), effective August 29, 2019. This means employees in this job classification can be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination if they test positive for marijuana components or metabolites, even if they possess a medical marijuana license.
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, responsible for coordination of front desk operations at the Case Community Center. Manages recreational use of the community center to include maintaining membership programs, room reservations, fee collection and ensuring patrons adhere to facility rules and guidelines. Assists in the coordination of special events, recreational programs, and festivals. Assists in the cleanliness of the building and in covering various shifts to include nights and weekends when needed. Assists with clerical duties for park maintenance operations.
- Serves as first point of contact for patrons of the Community Center, volunteer programs, activities, and/or individuals
- Assists parks staff with extra-curricular events and serves as back up bus driver.
- Answers phone lines; distributes equipment; responds to requests; assists patrons
- Completes and maintains accurate records and reports
- Enters rental, registration, refund, accident, and membership information into database and collect associated fees
- Prepare rooms for reservations and ensure guests adhere to rental agreement requirements
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings and occasional Parks Advisory Board Meetings
- Prepares building schedule, incident, accident and damage reports
- Monitors patron activity of community center, skate park, and splash pad via video surveillance and occasionally walking through ensuring rules are being adhered to
- Oversees daily maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning of facility
- Maintains inventory of supplies; reorders supplies as necessary
- Completes clerical duties associated with park maintenance including requisitioning, work orders and ordering of materials and supplies
- Valid Class D Oklahoma Driver License
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years experience in related field
- One to two years customer service and call handling experience
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY POSITION:
- Knowledge of relevant city, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of community center regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of community center equipment and facilities
- Knowledge of first aid, CPR, and AED
- Knowledge of park maintenance operations
- Skill in the use of computers and various software programs
- Skill in the operation of computers and other types of modern office equipment
- Skill in oral and written communication
- The Parks and Recreations Director assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
- Guidelines include division rules and regulations and supervisory instructions. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
- The work consists of related administrative duties. The need to coordinate events with several parties contributes to the complexity of the position.
SCOPE AND EFFECT:
- The purpose of this position is to assist in the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the community center. Successful performance results in an improved quality of life for city residents.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, coaches, youth organizations representatives, students, parents, instructors, and members of the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS:
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, and to provide services.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts objects up to 50lbs.
- The work is typically performed indoors, but on occasion may include outdoor activities related to special events.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Oversight of volunteers and community service workers at the Case Community Center
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty connected with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in the job description sheet. AT ANY TIME AN EMPLOYEE MAY BE ASKED TO ASSIST ANOTHER DEPARTMENT WHERE NEEDED AND IN PERIODS OF DOWN TIME.
City of Sand Springs
AddressSand Springs, OK
Get fresh Patient Safety Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.