Recreation Aide-Tot Care
- Posted: over a month ago
CITY OF RICHMOND HEIGHTS
POSITION TITLE: Recreation Aide-Tot Care, Part -Time
REPORTS TO: Recreation Specialist, Recreation Supervisor, Recreation Manager, Recreation Leader, Recreation Superintendent & Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs child care duties during the general operating hours of the Tot Care Center or as otherwise directed.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Knows, understands and enforces rules and regulations governing the facility use and the facility emergency procedures.
2. Develops and implements activities for the children and attentively monitors and interacts/plays with the children at their level.
3. Responsible for cleaning, organizing, and actively caring for the child care area.
4. Orients parents in regard to policies and procedures of tot care and maintains positive rapport with all parents and patrons.
5. Checks infants and children in and out while providing basic child care. Maintain confidentiality of household information and records.
6. Disciplines children in accordance with established policy; counsels with parents as necessary.
7. Maintains all equipment and supplies utilized in a day of activities. Maintains clean environment; performs janitorial duties as required or assigned to include body fluid cleanup, sanitizing area, and light housekeeping.
8. Knows whereabouts of children at all times.
9. Administers first aid; contacts parents; contacts emergency vehicles as needed. Fill out incident/accident forms.
10. Submits all forms and paperwork as required in a timely and efficient manner.
11. Maintains child care area in a clean and organized manner
12. Informs supervisor of all information regarding the facility, staff and children.
13. Notifies supervisor of supply needs or equipment repair.
14. Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
15. Assist in setups and cleanup as needed.
16. Provides courteous customer service to the general public in a professional manner. Handles complaints and comments and refers to proper personnel.
17. Disseminates information about programs, special events, policies and procedures in a polite and effective manner.
18. Monitors the children in the child care area and its equipment providing a safe environment at all times.
1. Performs special projects and tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
2. Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand - eye coordination required.
3. Clarity of vision at 20 inches - corrected or uncorrected. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
4. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 20-25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 35-50 pounds.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Currently enrolled or have graduated from high school or GED program.
Experience: Customer service experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
1. Must maintain proper appearance and behavior.
2. Ability to work effectively with supervisors, co-workers and public.
3. Ability to be trained on new techniques and jobs.
4. Ability to function efficiently under stress related factors consistent with the position.
5. Ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated: is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate."
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Richmond Heights, MO
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at City of Richmond Heights, MO