This position is responsible for assisting with the supervision the day to day operations of summer camp programs that have specialized themes or focus areas that include: outdoor adventures, college exploration, fire fighting (career), junior counseling, leadership, life skills enrichment, sports and volunteerism. Staff will be responsible for helping the Camp Director implement a curriculum that is already developed. Duties also include guiding participants, problem solving, organizing supplies, planning and assisting with activities, ensuring safety/risk management policies are being followed, completing behavior/disciplinary paperwork for participants, keeping records when first aid or medication are administered and providing excellent customer service while interacting with parents/guardians. The ideal candidate will have the necessary knowledge and skills work with teens ages 12-17.
Supervise participants and logistics at program site.
Assist the Director with planning and leading program activities.
Provide constant flow of communication with supervisor, participants, facility staff, parents/guardians and participants.
Enforce policies and rules amongst participants.
Serve as a positive role model at all times.
Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Previous experience working in recreation programs for youth or teens.
- Experience facilitating recreational/athletic activities, enrichment programming and games for teenagers
- 20 years of age or older
- High School Graduate
- Prefer applicants working towards a degree in Parks and Recreation, Education or related field
- City Driver's permit or ability to obtain (Clean NCDL)
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Must pass City of Raleigh criminal background check and controlled substance test
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow directions
- A high level of energy, personal maturity, communication skills, and confidence
- Youth or teen interaction skills
- Knowledge of a variety of camp games, activities, and craft projects