Equipment Mechanic - Fleet Services
City of Prescott Prescott, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Pay Grade: 59
Pay Range: $18.77 - $26.28
FLSA Status: Non Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
Deadline to Apply: 5/27/21
Under general direction of the Fleet Services Supervisor, this position performs repairs and preventative maintenance on assigned vehicles including but not limited to refuse trucks, fire trucks, heavy equipment and construction equipment.
Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on assigned vehicles, especially refuse trucks and fire trucks; changes oil; changes filters; checks fluid levels, checks and replaces brakes and pads, as required; checks, rotates, repairs, replaces tires; inspects vehicles and related systems to ensure performance of air conditioning, electronic, electrical and hydraulic systems; repairs and services emergency response vehicles; performs scheduled tune-ups and preventive maintenance.
Performs routine maintenance and repair of heavy equipment and construction equipment (e.g., transmissions, hydraulics, water pumps), with emphasis on hydraulic systems, refuse trucks and fire trucks; performs diagnostic work on refuse trucks, fire trucks, Police motorcycles in the shop and in the field; picks up/tows vehicles or repairs on site; road tests equipment after repair; cleans and washes equipment before/after maintenance/repair is completed; brazes and welds metals; fabricates items as necessary; works on small engines as necessary.
Other duties and tasks as assigned to support Fleet Services
Education and/or Experience: Education and experience equivalent to high school diploma and five (5) years full time journey level repair of automotive refuse truck, fire truck and heavy/construction equipment; ASE, EVT Certifications preferred or dealership equivalent certifications. Candidate must have extensive experience working on Front Loading, Automated Side Loading refuse trucks, Fire trucks, Police Vehicles including Police Motorcycles. Experience with Stick, MIG, TIG welding is preferred.
Licensing, Certification, and Other Requirements: Must have or obtain a valid Class B Arizona Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within six months of hiring date; clean driving record imperative. This position may be assigned shifts that includes nights, weekends and holidays. This position is subject to rotational stand-by assignment and must be available to respond to emergency call out in a timely manner.
Employee Core Beliefs
City of Prescott employees should seek to uphold the City's core beliefs throughout their day-to-day business and with every customer they come in contact with, both internal and external. Our core beliefs are: Act with Integrity, Work as a Team, Have Personal Commitment and Loyalty, Solve Problems, Take Pride In Excellent Results, High Level of Productivity and Being Nice.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of operation of a variety of heavy/light duty equipment and diesel/gasoline vehicles.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, compression and water pump repair and maintenance of light and heavy-duty automotive and construction equipment.
- Knowledge of the repair and maintenance of emergency response vehicles.
- Knowledge of tires and rim repair and replacement for automobiles, trucks and other equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational safety and health policies and procedures related to vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in the use of computer diagnostic equipment, i.e. ET, Cummins Insight or Mitchell on Demand. Also, experience in using a computerized maintenance management system software, i.e. RTA
- Skill in safely troubleshooting, repairing and testing vehicles and equipment. Preference is given for refuse truck, fire truck, Police motorcycle mechanic certification / experience. Stick, MIG, TIG Welding certification / experience preferred.
- Skill in working in the field at job sites to repair or tow vehicles or construction equipment.
- Skill in utilizing customer service techniques when responding to inquiries and complaints.
Physical Demands And Working Conditions:
- Sufficient to lift 75 lbs, effectively and safely perform required duties, and to safely operate required equipment and city vehicle as needed.
- Sufficient to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate in person and over the telephone.
Successful candidate will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Drug screening
- Motor vehicle records check
- Criminal background screening
City of Prescott Contact Information
201 S. Cortez St.
Prescott, AZ 86303
Phone: 928-777-1347 / Fax: 928-777-1213
Major Benefits For Full-Time Regular Employees: Paid time off; ten paid holidays and one floating holiday per year; employee and/or family health and life insurance; short term and long term disability; Arizona State Retirement and Social Security contributions; other optional benefits such as deferred compensation plans and additional life insurance. PROBATION: Each employee must satisfactorily serve an established probationary period. NOTE: When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the selection process. In accordance with A.R.S. 23 - 493, this position has been identified as "Safety Sensitive". The City of Prescott is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Prescott
AutomotiveView all jobs at City of Prescott