Food Service Worker
Position Summary: The Food Service Worker is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by requirements and business needs.
- Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Sets up workstations, including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
- Breaks down clean and sanitizes workstations
- Serves food to customers while ensuring satisfaction and anticipating the customers' needs
- Replenishes food items and ensure the product is stocked to appropriate levels
- Maintains excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to correctional facility safety policies and procedures, including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Ability to work in a secured facility with trustee
- Previous food service experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
- Experience at least one year bulk cooking, preferably in an institution setting
- Able to ensure portion control
- Ability to follow food safety and health guidelines
- Prior institutional food service or restaurant, cafeteria experience is a plus
- ServSafe Food Handler certification is preferred
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance (VRS Virginia Retirement System *Group & Optional*)
- Annual /Sick/ Birthday Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Resources
- Short Term Disability
- Fitness Memberships
- Wellness Programs
What We Value:
The Portsmouth Sheriff's Office is committed to serving our citizens with compassion and integrity. Dedicated to the well-being of our community, we will build trust, foster goodwill, promote civic pride, and as a department, strive to reflect the diverse populations we serve.
City of Portsmouth/ Sheriff's OfficePortsmouth, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.