Deputy Court Clerk
- Expired: July 14, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides quality customer service and performs general/legal clerical work necessary to support the operations of the Municipal Court.Under general supervision, operates in accordance with clearly established policies and procedures. Daily interaction with general public, city employees, law enforcement personnel and other government officials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a wide variety of legal clerical support work requiring a knowledge and understanding of court functions, policies, programs and procedures.
- Provides information to public, jurors, attorneys, and law enforcement personnel regarding court functions; regularly serves as a liaison with other city departments, outside law enforcement agencies and other concerned parties. Responds to and resolves difficult customer service questions and problems.
- Enters and retrieves data from on-line computer systems; reviews information and makes corrections.
- Prepares a variety of documents related to processing of court cases such as complaints, summons, subpoenas, arrest warrants, judgments, hearing notices, judicial orders, jury summons and other related correspondence.
- Maintains accurate records for the Court; annotates case files and status records to reflect correct events. Accepts legal documents; reviews for correctness of form and timeliness; authenticates official documents.
- Reviews case files and documents, researches discrepancies and verifies information; develops calendars, schedules court dates and records dispositions.
- Accepts payments for fines, fees and bonds; issues and reconciles receipts; maintains accurate accounting of funds.
- Sorts and files legal materials such as forms, pleadings, correspondence and related documents; locates and retrieves court files; searches files and verifies materials placed in files are related and complete; prepares new case folders and inserts related court materials in accordance with specific procedures.
- Occasionally performs related duties in courtroom environment with judge; works as a team member; assists in training of other court staff on routine tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clerical practices and procedures; cashiering, cash handling and recordkeeping practices and procedures; legal statutes and rules; technical and operating principals. (Preferred)
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to understand complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with city employees, governmental officials and the general public.
- Ability to work in stressful environment and establish priorities.
- Working proficiency with personal computer, typewriter, calculator, copiers, fax machines; must be able demonstrate or test accurate typing and/or computer skills.
- High school education or equivalent.
- One (1) year office experience that required interface with the general public. (Preferred)
- Specific state mandated licenses or certifications or as required by the supervisor. Ability to obtain Clerk I Certification within an acceptable time period from date of employment.
City of Pflugerville
GovernmentView all jobs at City of Pflugerville