Recreation Specialist - Aquatics Daily Operations
City of O'Fallon O'Fallon, MO
- Expired: September 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The City of O'Fallon is looking for an self-motivated, customer-service oriented team member for the position of Recreation Specialist Aquatics Daily Operations. This position plays an important role in the planning of specific areas of aquatic programming for the City of O'Fallon. Our Recreation Specialists earn competitive salaries from $43,929.60 to $60,569.60. Your first year you can expect to make a starting salary of $43,929.60 to $46,758.40. We also offer excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, a 401 (a) plan, 11 holidays, 1 personal holiday, vacation time, paid sick time, a deferred compensation plan, employee assistance, tuition assistance, optional identity theft insurance, and a discounted fitness membership.
We're looking for someone who has the desire to use their strong communication skills to manage aquatics staff, specifically the hiring and supervision of Lifeguards. This person should have knowledge of the management of recreation facilities, including recreation program development and implementation. He or she should also have the flexibility to work varying shifts, including evenings and weekends, and be able to respond after hour emergencies.
As a Recreation Assistant in Aquatics, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Alligators Creek Aquatic Center and Renaud Center, including the maintenance, operations and filtration systems at Alligators Creek Aquatic Center and Renaud Center
- Assisting with managing swim lesson programs and Torpedoes Swim Team at Alligators Creek Aquatic Center and Renaud Center
- Supervising and managing training and certifications of all lifeguards (100+)
- Answering telephone calls and greeting visitors, providing information and assistance
- Serving as a liaison to community organizations, schools and external service providers
- Ordering and purchasing supplies and equipment for specific programs
- Responding to and resolving customer complaints and concerns
- Researching, gathering data and preparing reports
- Assisting in the development and administration of assigned budgets
Could this be the opportunity for you? We are seeking employees who:
- Exhibit self-motivation by always looking for ways to improve their knowledge and skills
- Show great respect for others and their property
- Maintain their assigned equipment with care
- Get great satisfaction from contributing to what makes O'Fallon such a great place to live!
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Missouri State driver's license
- Be able to work nights, weekends, holidays or other irregular hours, as required
- Be able to obtain a first-aid/CPR card
Lifeguard Instructor, Certified Pool Operators and/or Parks and
Recreation Professional Certification preferred
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position in O'Fallon, Missouri, please complete our application. We look forward to meeting you!
The City of O'Fallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
City of O'Fallon
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at City of O'Fallon