The City of O'Fallon is looking for an energetic, customer-service oriented team member for the position of PT Gym Attendant. This position plays an important role in assisting patrons using the gymnasium at the Renaud Center. Our PT Gym Attendants enjoy a fun work environment, opportunities to cross train and work in other departments, the opportunity to workout at the Renaud Center when not working, and being a part of an excellent and diverse team. Typically they work a flexible schedule 6-30 hours per week.
We're looking for someone who has the desire to ensure the safety of our patrons who possesses strong communication skills. This person should be comfortable in dealing with the public and have excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
As a PT Gym Attendant, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the fitness area and gymnasium operations to ensure the safety of users
- Enforcing policies, rules, and regulations
- Reporting potential physical hazards and unsafe conditions to supervisors
- Performing basic cleaning of all equipment
- Assisting in planning and marketing of activities, as assigned
- Assisting in performing the duties of Recreation staff in their absence
- Greeting the public and providing information and assistance
- Possess knowledge of exercise programs and equipment
- Know how to deliver excellent customer service
- Be able to work nights, weekends, holidays or other irregular hours, as required
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver's license
The City of O'Fallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-VerifyEmployment Type: PART_TIME