Customer Service-Field Representative (Water and Sewer)
- Expired: May 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The City of O'Fallon, MO is looking to hire a full time Customer Service Field Representative for the Water and Sewer Division for the locates, tap inspections and/or the Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) programs. Our Customer Service Field Representative earns competitive hourly rates from $19.63 to $ 27.39 with an expected starting pay rate of $19.63-$22.25. We also offer excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, a deferred compensation plan, 11 holidays, 1 personal holiday, vacation time, paid sick time, employee assistance, tuition assistance, optional identity theft insurance, and a discounted fitness membership.
As part of our Water and Sewer Division, you will be responsible for locating and marking the locations of City-owned utilities as part of the Missouri One Call System. Generally, your schedule will be daytime hours Monday through Friday, but overtime hours may be required occasionally.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Locating and marking the exact location of City owned utilities, including water lines, sewer lines, buried conduit/cable, and
- Meeting with other departments, residents, contractors, developers, other governmental agencies and utility companies to discuss and resolve issues relating to City owned utilities and/or the FOG Program.
- Preparing a schedule of utility locate activities and routine work order activities
- Performing field surveys and
- Preparing reports and documenting
- Managing and updating utility location plans, records, and files (electronically and hard copy).
- Completing routine work
- Responding to and resolving customer concerns
- Collecting samples for laboratory
- Responding to emergency situations and participate in the City's snow removal and winter operations
- Inspecting new water connections to the Distribution
- Installing, replacing, troubleshooting & repairing water meters as needed
- Performing inspections, sending letters and notifications for the City FOG program and working with owners, operators, haulers, etc. on compliance matters.
- Maintaining a schedule for business compliance with the FOG Program and follow-up procedures.
We're looking for someone who is able to read and understand engineering design drawings, as-built drawings, City Codes and utility maps. This person should be knowledgeable in the construction, maintenance and repair of water distribution systems.
Could this be the opportunity for you? We look for employees who:
- Exhibit self-motivation by always looking for ways to improve their knowledge and skills
- Have the ability to operate equipment and machinery such as underground locating equipment, computers, GIS software, two-way radios and common hand tools
- Possess knowledge of safety principles associated with active construction zones
- Skilled in communicating with the public and others, such as contractors and other City employees
- Maintain their assigned vehicles and equipment with care
- Get great satisfaction from contributing to what makes O'Fallon such a great place to live!
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year of construction experience or equivalent experience involving construction of underground facilities. Experience locating utilities using the Missouri One Call System is preferred.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
City of O'Fallon
BusinessView all jobs at City of O'Fallon