If you are an engaging, team-oriented, flexible, approachable, and socially dynamic individual looking for a challenging and rewarding work experience in recreation, we invite you to apply for the Newberry Recreation Complex Programs Manager position.
As the Programs Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and supervising comprehensive recreation and leisure services for the community. In this role, some duties will include working with outside groups for facility use/rental of athletic fields, shelters, pond and nature programs; maintenance, management and staffing of Gully Washer Splash Park and Complex Concessions; maintenance and management of athletic fields and assist other department related programs. Some related administrative, supervisory and professional work will be required, when needed. Reports to the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Director.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be out-going, energetic, creative, and demonstrate a high level of customer service and detail orientation. Must have the desire to work within a teamwork environment as a team player.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include days, evenings, and weekends.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill set with a proven ability to forge productive, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Some knowledge pertaining to turfgrass management and ball field maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management, business, hospitality management, or related field supplemented by (3) three (5) years of responsible experience in programming and management, some of which has been in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally, work outside in the elements, operate various sporting equipment, as well as, general office equipment.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or ability to obtain certifications.
Salary: The position is a full-time, salary position with varying hours. Pay will be based on training, experience and qualifications of the applicant. Pay range is $36,874 – $37,627 annually.
Due to the current plans to open public facilities and parks at the discretion of the Governor of South Carolina, interested applicants should remain flexible regarding start date if offered the position.
Applications may be mailed to: City of Newberry, Attn: HR, P.O. Box 538, Newberry, SC 29108, emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 803-321-3659. Applications may be obtained on the City’s webpage at https://www.cityofnewberry.com/careers or by contacting Human Resources at 803-321-1000. Applicants may request an application in-person at City Hall 1330 College Street, Newberry, SC 29018 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Full time position offering benefits with State Retirement, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. To apply for this position, visit the website: www.cityofnewberry.com/careers then download an application and send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer