Emergency Dispatcher - 911 Call Center
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Nampa Police Department is seeking an Emergency Services Dispatcher to join our team! The Dispatcher receives incoming emergency calls and dispatches to the appropriate emergency personnel.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to relay information from public emergency callers to proper resources that can provide assistance when necessary. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of the Emergency Services Dispatcher Supervisor, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with the assigned supervisor, other City employees, and the general public. The principal duties of this class are performed in an emergency telecommunications environment.
- Substantial knowledge of City geography and jurisdictional boundaries
- Substantial knowledge of radio signals, codes, and equipment
- Some knowledge of criminal and civil law
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of experience in Emergency Dispatch strongly preferred
- This position includes a twelve (12) month probationary period and requires no certification for the entry level position
- Ability to operate or quickly learn to operate a personal computer using standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks and the ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute with at least 92% accuracy
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screen and background check
- Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers:
- No marijuana uses in the last three (3) years or illicit drugs use in the last five years (5).
- No felony or serious misdemeanor convictions since the age of 18
- No under the age of 18 adult criminal waivers
- No undetected felony or serious misdemeanors committed by applicant since the age of 18
- No minor misdemeanor convictions in the last 5 years or extensive minor misdemeanor history
- Able to meet all IDAPA rules concerning character, drug use, traffic violations, and criminal violations.
- You can find these rules and disqualifiers at http://www.post.idaho.gov/
In order to be considered for open positions with the Nampa Police Department, applicants must apply through PoliceApp.com and complete additional steps/testing. The application form and additional instructs are available at:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with application and/or employment-related questions.
City of NampaWhy Work Here?
Did you know the Nampa has been voted "Best Run City" for the last six years? - Wallet Hub
Nampa is caring community where people live, work, play, and raise their families. It is a place of economic opportunity, with an independent spirit and unique identity.
820 2nd St SouthNampa, ID
GovernmentView all jobs at City of Nampa