The City of Lake City is seeking a talented, highly-motivated, progress-thinking, and self-directed member to join our team whose primary responsibility will be grants accounting. This position is responsible for performing complex professional and technical accounting work in support of the City’s financial accounting functions, with a primary focus on administrative and fiscal management of federal, state, and local grants and grant compliance requirements. These tasks include:
managing the life cycle of the grant projects
monitoring and tracking costs
collaborating with external and internal partners
filing periodic required reports
providing transparent reporting
ensuring compliance with uniform guidance requirements
• Provides a review of all City grant applications before submissions by Grant writer.
• Coordinates management and administration of all City related grant portals and other sites; reconcile activity to City’s financial management system.
• Collaborate with departments to analyze, monitor, reconcile and report on specific funding sources relating to the grant award.
• Serve as the organization’s subject matter expert for grants and related reporting.
• Research and review Federal and state regulations to ensure compliance.
• Assist with the creation of new grant project budgets, monitor all expenditures, verify availability of funds and allowable expenditure as dictated by applicable federal, state, local grant guidance.
• Monitor grant-funded projects and their budgets to ensure compliance with grant specifications.
• Plan, direct, and coordinate financial activity of grant-funded projects/programs to ensure that objectives are accomplished according to federal, state, and local regulations.
• Assist with both pre-award and post-award activity for the assigned grant funding
• Provide analysis of potential direct and indirect cost opportunities and make recommendations
• Coordinate, prepare, and submit all required grant reporting, including reimbursement requests, to the awarding agency.
• Maintains records in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and directions from grant authorities.
• Develops procedures for compliance reporting for departments.
• Serve as point of contact on the Single Audit and prepare all corresponding reports.
• Manage and coordinate periodic award agency reviews.
• Develop and modify grant-related policies/procedures/systems following local, state, and federal laws and regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
• Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, audits, and cross-site evaluations and participate as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes
• Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs.
• Responds to external audits and requests for information regarding program compliance, coordinates responses with appropriate staff, and assists in preparing Corrective Action Plan requirements.
• Excellent project management skills with experience in administrating projects.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Excellent information research skill.
• Excellent knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
• Experience with basic financial management skills, including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
• Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment, discretion, initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
• Thorough knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of a wide variety of grant resources.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to keep accurate records and prepare and submit clear, concise, factual data and written reports.
• Ability to carry out job responsibilities in a self-directed and autonomous manner within the department’s policies, procedures, and administrative priorities.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
• Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and the Internet.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in public administration, accounting, business administration, or economics.
• Experience in grants management, budget development, long-term planning, program, and process analysis.
• Preferred one to three years of direct experience in the field of grant writing, grant administration, and federal or state program compliance.
City of Lake City, SCLake City, SC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.