The City seeks an individual who would be able to assist the Acting Court Administrator on a temporary basis for 30 to 40 hours per week. The assignment is for an undetermined time frame.
Assists the Court Administrator in the administrative function of the Municipal Court.
- Communicates court policies and procedures to the public.
- Interacts with the public to resolve difficult and sensitive situations. Maintains confidentiality when required.
- Performs cashiering duties, accepting payments for fines and fees, balancing daily cash receipts.
- Processes citations, subpoenas, and other court documents.
- Maintains records in accordance with established court procedures.
- Enters data pertaining to pleadings, dispositions and community service requirements.
- Occasionally performs duties and responsibilities of the Court Administrator,.to include preparation of materials for court sessions and assisting the Municipal Judge in the proceedings of the court.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
SKILL: Skilled in operation of equipment necessary to perform the duties of the job. Typing speed and accuracy sufficient to perform assigned tasks. Strong customer service skills, appropriate to the court process.
ABILITY: Exercise independent judgment; evaluate situations and make decisions, establish priorities, adjust to shifts in priorities, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and others.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years general clerical experience in court administrative office.Ability to pass a thorough background investigation.
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary