- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for providing public relations, and clerical services including issuing permits and collecting fees for permits and licenses, answering routine building and housing code questions from the general public, and the scheduling of inspections.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Issues permits and collects fees within limits of authority and in compliance with City and department policies.
- Types a variety of correspondence including inspection reports and letters from copy or rough draft to property owners and contractors informing them of code requirements or violations.
- Makes decisions within limits of authority and in compliance with City codes and departmental polices and supervisory instruction regarding appropriate action.
- Sorts, cross-indexes and files correspondence, reports, records and other miscellaneous materials according to numerical or other acceptable organization methods.
- Answers phones, responds effectively and courteously with associates, property owners, and the general public.
- Prepares a monthly report indicating permits issued, fees collected, inspections conducted, complaints logged, licenses issued, court cases filed and court status report.
- Provides support for office operations.
- Operates office machines, such as computers, copiers, fax machine, etc.
- Operates computers and auxiliary equipment with a variety of computer software applications.
- Ensure all records and correspondence is properly filed.
- Prepares reports and responds to routine requests for information.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of construction practices, building permit processing, and code enforcement procedures.
- Ability to learn and use a variety of computer applications.
- Knowledge of business correspondence formats, record keeping and filing systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information received and provide courteous, accurate and timely information to the public.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least two years of experience in general office work.
- Construction or code enforcement background desirable.
Salary: $39,894-$48,275 per year depending on qualifications with great benefits package
Submit applications by
To apply:Complete this electronic employment applicationOR: A paper application can be picked up at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 South Kirkwood Road, 63122OR:call 314-984-6975 to have one e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to you. Return paper applications to: Attn: Human Resources-ADMIN, at the address listed above.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENINGSHOULD CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 314-822-5809.
THE CITY OF KIRKWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
City of Kirkwood
AddressSaint Louis, MO
BusinessView all jobs at City of Kirkwood