City of Horn Lake Horn Lake, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Finance Director is responsible for financial operations of the City, fiscal accountability, and ongoing preparation of necessary financial information and reports in advance of the City’s annual audit. The Finance Director will assist the Administrative Team (City Administrator/City Clerk, Human Resources Director, and Accounts Payable/Deputy City Clerk) in the day-to-day operations, clerical and administrative support as necessary and will perform other duties as assigned. The Finance Director must have a knowledge of modern governmental accounting theory, principles and practices including federal and state laws/regulations relevant thereto; considerable knowledge of internal control procedures and management information systems; considerable knowledge of office automation and computerized financial applications; considerable knowledge of municipal trial balance management; considerable knowledge of fixed asset management; considerable knowledge of public finance planning; considerable knowledge of payroll and accounts payable functions; working knowledge of budgetary, accounting and reporting systems, GAAFR, GAAP and GASB. The Finance Director must have the ability to prepare and analyze complex financial reports; ability to maintain efficient and effective financial systems and procedures; ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions in conformance with laws, regulations, and policies; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, city officials; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Key tasks are as follows:
· Accounting of municipal funds
· Reconcile Bank Statements and Accounts Payable Checks
· Municipal Auditor liaison with the City’s auditing firm to insure seamless and timely audits as required by State law and so as to meet the April 1 (and any other) deadline for continuing disclosure obligations contained in the City’s municipal bond offerings.
· Audit preparation, financial statement preparation, inclusive of all related financial statement processes.
· Provides financial guidance and interpretation, ad-hoc financial reporting
· Monthly maintain and reconcile General Ledger accounts and Trial Balance
· Prepares and inputs monthly and adjusting journal entries, financial review and statement preparation.
· Asset management, inclusive of fixed asset additions and disposals, maintenance and reporting.
· Cash management of Ad Valorem and State Sales Tax; stock adjustments, petty cash reconciliation, vendor receivable payments, ensure debt service payments, debt service requirements; procurement of leasing and bonds.
· Maintains internal control system of departmental revenue sources and ensure compliance with accounting and auditing standards.
· Monthly departmental bank transfers, voided check reconciliation.
· Assists in the preparation of the City’s budget.
· Provides financial information and reports to the Mayor, Board of Aldermen, and department heads, as necessary.
· Attends Mayor and Board of Aldermen meetings, as necessary.
City of Horn LakeWhy Work Here?
Horn Lake is one of three fastest growing/developing Municipalities in North Mississippi. Amazon, Google, and O'Reilly have all located.
The City of Horn Lake, Mississippi was granted the Charter of Decree of Incorporation, March 3rd, 1973, after three (3) years of planning and work. The original governing body consisted of Winn D. Brown, Sr., as mayor, five (5) aldermen, W.R. Wooten, John Sartain, Anna Calvin, F.G. Thomas, and Winn D. Brown, Jr. Horn Lake received its name from an ox-bow lake, lying three miles west, which was a former riverbed of the Mississippi River. The river changed course in the late 18th century leaving a stranded body of water resembling a cow horn. It became known as Horn Lake. Old maps indicated the date must have been between 1765 and 1796. Horn Lake is the site Amazon, O'Reilly's, and of a plant owned by Chicago-based Newly Weds Foods, which manufactures food coatings, seasonings, and other ingredients for the food processing and service industries. Horn Lake is the headquarters of the American Contract Bridge League are in Horn Lake, along with a related Hall of Fame, museum, and library. Horn Lake is on the International stage as the home of The "Elvis Ranch", a 154.5-acre (62.5 ha) ranch owned by Elvis Presley during the last decade of his life.
3101 Goodman RoadHorn Lake, MS
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at City of Horn Lake