About City of Hope
City of Hope, an
innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over
6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other
life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered
Founded in 1913 and
headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit
institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence
in clinical and scientific research. City
of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance
of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards
of care for cancer treatment.
California registered technician who under the supervision of a Pharmacist,
packages, prepares and compounds Intravenous medications and
Chemotherapy/Biohazard medications. Maintains control procedures, performs
inventory and stock control. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft
Windows, Word, and Excel.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensures efficient and productive operation of assigned work location.
- Performs technician functions accurately and thoroughly which includes but not limited to: Ensure compliance with USP 797 & 800 at all time
- Utilize proper aseptic technique for all pharmaceutical mixing
- Order, receive, and maintain accurate medication inventory
- Coordinate with Specialty Pharmacies or manufacturers for timely deliveries of 'white-bag' medications for infusion
- Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly cleaning as required.
- Procure and maintain supplies necessary for daily mixing operation
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning basic pharmaceutical information to achieve positive patient outcomes. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Assists the pharmacist in billing pharmaceuticals.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the development of teamwork within the department while meeting the needs of departments being served.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider the alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Completes written documentation.
Basic education,experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School or equivalent
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Or graduation from a foreign School of Pharmacy
- One year performing related duties or graduation from a Pharmacy
- Technician training program
- Pharmacy Technician program
- Registered by Pharmacy Board
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as
a qualified individual with disability.
Job: Nursing Support
Title: Pharmacy Technician - Newport Beach
Location: California-Newport Beach
Requisition ID: 10003055