Temporary Harbor Assistant I
City of Homer Alaska Homer, AK
- Posted: over a month ago
Performs general cleaning of Port and Harbor facilities and collection of boat launch and parking fees.
JOB FUNCTIONS/MAJOR ACTIVITIES
1. Cleans/Disinfects fish disposal facilities in the Port and Harbor.
2. Maintains litter control on Harbor grounds.
3. Responsible for collection and safe deposit of boat launch and parking fees.
4. Responsible for fish carcass removal.
5. Assists harbor staff as needed.
6. Performs other duties as directed by Harbor Assistant II or Deputy Harbormaster.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Must be self-motivated with attention to detail and able to follow directions accurately. General cleaning experience required. Basic knowledge of power tools. Able to handle cash, maintain records and balance daily receipts. General knowledge of harbor operations and fees relevant to City policies. Able to operate CB and VHF radios. Drivers License required. Must be 18 years of age or older.
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES
Must be able to work efficiently under limited supervision.
High frequency of contact with users of Port and Harbor. Must be able to handle questions and complaints in a tactful courteous manner.
Exposure to inclement weather. Daily exposure to working with cleaning chemicals and fish waste. Involved frequently in heavy physical exertion in lifting up to 50 pounds or moving of equipment. May require long hours in small unheated booth. Will be required to work weekends, holidays and may be required to work overtime.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Homer Alaska
BusinessView all jobs at City of Homer Alaska