Vehicle Services Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$23.42 hr./ $3.65 deferred to union pension
The City of Great Falls is looking for a motivated Vehicle Services Mechanic to join our team.
You will be responsible for providing skilled maintenance and repair of motorized vehicles and equipment. to include performing field repairs and repairing and maintaining emergency vehicles and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF WORK
- Performs minor and major repairs and maintenance of vehicles and equipment, including automobiles, trucks, construction equipment, snowplows, sanders and turf equipment.
- Performs periodic maintenance on vehicles and equipment, including lubrication, oil and air filter changes, and other related activities to comply with manufacturer’s maintenance schedules.
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles or equipment that are malfunctioning in unusual or unique ways.
- Welds and fabricates parts for maintenance or repair projects if a specific part is not available or if fabrication is considerably less expensive.
- Documents parts used and labor for each work order to ensure the respective city department receives an accurate billing.
- Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
- Customer Service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a vocational certificate program or associates degree in heavy equipment or diesel technology with two years of work experience,
- Or five years of work experience in heavy equipment repair and maintenance.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Possession of a valid Montana commercial driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK
- Substantial knowledge of the tools, equipment, procedures and practices used in performing minor and major repairs and maintenance of motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot various vehicle and equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to maintain legible, accurate written records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Cross training for repairing all types of equipment is required.
- Completes work in timely manner and meets department/division deadlines when instructed to do so.
This position does not supervise staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, climb, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp, pick, pinch, ride and perform similar body movements. Must have the ability to perform heavy physical work and to lift and carry up to 100 pounds at a time; the possession of hand/eye coordination sufficient to operate various hand and power tools and a motor vehicle; the ability to talk and hear in person or by telephone and two-way radio; and the ability to see and read instructions and reports.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
The work schedule is a 40-hour work week, Sunday through Saturday. Work is typically performed Monday through Friday. Schedule involves mandatory overtime to include nights, weekends and holidays to cover emergency situations. This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime which must be approved prior to working. It is expected employees report to work on time, fully prepared for scheduled work days.
Travel is primarily local during the business day. Occasional travel may be required to attend off-site training and educational opportunities.
City of Great Falls
2 Park Drive SouthGreat Falls, MT
AutomotiveView all jobs at City of Great Falls
Get fresh Union Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.