Gym/Field Monitor - Part - Time
- Expired: March 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under limited supervision this position is responsible for assisting Athletic Coordinator and Recreation Specialist- Athletics with sporting events and facilities. Attends basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, football and soccer practices and games or other events as needed. This position works no more than 28 hours per week and must be able to work nights and weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises activities on the field and in the gym;
- Assists the Athletic Coordinator & Recreation Specialist- Athletics;
- Distributes equipment, medals, uniforms;
- Opens and secures facilities;
- Assists volunteer coaches and parents as needed;
- Ensures by-laws are followed for each sport.
- Responds to inquiries and concerns from participants, coaches, parents and the public;
- Verifies that officials and scorekeepers are present;
- Records game scores;
- Inspects all playing facilities and makes recommendations as needed; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months experience in a customer related job required; experience with athletics, preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- CPR and First Aid Certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Must be flexible - position will work weeknight hours and Saturdays.
- Valid SC Driver's License.
- Recreation Department experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to provide customer service to include problem solving and dispute resolution when necessary.
- Ability to operate scoreboards and small hand tools.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide basic first aid.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to supervise and relate well to children.
The work requires exerting up to 30 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move sports equipment, and up to 15 pounds of force frequently to move objects and the following physical abilities: balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity and walking.
The work is typically performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to noise, dirt, insects, and inclement weather.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were written out in this job description.