Under general supervision of the Executive Director of the Frisco Convention & Visitor's Bureau (CVB), the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for all manners of marketing and communications to assist in promoting Frisco as a premier destination for meetings, sporting tournaments and leisure vacations. Oversees media relations and social media activities; developing promotional and marketing communications materials and assists Frisco CVB sales and services staff in obtaining their goals from a marketing support standpoint. Manages assigned staff.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the CVB's marketing, communications and public relations plans and programs.
- Manages the editorial content, photography and layout for CVB electronic and print digital components, including the CVB internet site and CVB e-newsletters and blogs.
- Manages the editorial and design content for promotion videos and presentations.
- Oversees editorial coverage for the City of Frisco, Frisco hotel properties and attractions and the Frisco CVB through development of news releases, "pitching" travel trends and current event story ideas to the media.
- Oversees all media buying on behalf of the CVB.
- Oversees the management of the website, mobile application, social media and blog content.
- Provides regular updates to website, mobile application, social media and blog content.
- Manages promotions and social ad campaigns for the CVB to include themes, promotions and contests.
- Creates systems and methods to grow engagement and traffic/followers to CVB social media platforms.
- Writes, edits content for city's social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snap Chat, Periscope, etc.
- Serves as primary public information contact for media inquiries in Director's absence
- Oversees all creative assets for social media.
- Manages all online contests and sweepstakes; working with partners to obtain in-kind prizes for distribution.
- Plans, implements and solicits participation from regional and national media in press tours; develops tour concept; creates itinerary and manages all tour logistics from inception to completion and post-tour follow up.
- Creates marketing materials to include print, video and presentations to promote Frisco as a premier destination.
- Evaluates and counsels subordinates regarding discipline and other problems. Completes performance evaluations on subordinate employees.
- Assists in the development of marketing and communications budgets for the Convention and Visitors Bureau budget.
- Assists in the development of marketing goals and objectives.
Other Important Duties:
- Travels to attend tradeshows, meetings, conferences and training.
- Participates in various industry organization and activities to maintain positive relationships and awareness of the City of Frisco and the CVB.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Director of the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of video production, website design and administration.
- Knowledge of basic search engine marketing, search engine optimization, web coding and media purchasing.
- Skill in public relations and communicating with a wide variety of people.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, management, outside agencies and the media..
- Skill in organizing work flow and managing multiple projects.
- Proficient in managing social media channels.
- Proficient in verbal and writing skills, including a command of grammar, usage and vocabulary.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related equipment, hardware and software applicable to area of assignment, specifically Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Front Page, Access and Excel.
- Ability to work under deadlines and stressful situations.
- Ability to define and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and business correspondence.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field plus five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing, including media and community relations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background and MVR check.
- Must possess valid State of Texas Driver's License.
- Work is performed in an office setting, off site and at special events.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
- May be subject to extended periods of standing, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as setting up for meetings and events, transporting materials and supplies for presentations and programs.
- May be required to work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, and department vehicles. Employment Type: Full Time