Meter Reader Technician
City of Friendswood Friendswood, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The City of Friendswood is currently accepting applications for a full-time Meter Reader Technician, in the Public Works Department.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To read and maintain water meters and to connect and disconnect water service which ensures proper billing and customer satisfaction.
- Walks or drives truck over established route and takes readings of water meter dials on a daily basis.
- Completes work orders, which includes new connects, finals, re-reads, and customer communication notices.
- Inspects meters and connections for defects, damage, and unauthorized connections.
- Turns service off for nonpayment of charges in vacant premises, or on for new occupants.
- Verifies readings to locate abnormal consumption and records reasons for fluctuations
- Maintains meters by changing out meters, raising meters, installing or replacing meter boxes, installing or replacing meter box lids, repairing minor gasket leaks and replacing curb stops.
- Indicates irregularities on forms for necessary action by servicing department.
- Trains new personnel to read meters and maintain meters.
- Perform other duties within the area of responsibility and ability as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Minimum education and experience to perform the job:
- High school graduate or GED
- Less than six months experience maintaining and reading meters.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Frequently talk or hear to communicate with the public or staff
- Frequently lift and /or move up to 50 lbs.
- Require vision abilities to include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Knowledge or skill proficiencies:
- Knowledge of the City and location of meters.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
Required Licenses, Registries and Certifications:
- Valid Texas Driver's License and good driving record.
- Require Class "C" Distribution certificate issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality or the ability to obtain within one (1) year.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Friendswood
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at City of Friendswood