- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The City of Friendswood is currently accepting applications for a Legal Assistant. Under the general supervision of the City Attorney and the City Secretary, this position will be responsible for assisting the City Attorney and City Secretary in conducting legal research and performing administrative duties to support the day-to-day activities related to the offices of the City Attorney and City Secretary, which include providing general counsel services, administering public information requests and processing of requests for Attorney General Opinions, contract administration, processing of ordinances/resolutions, and hearing/litigation support services. The position requires superior writing skills, computer knowledge and skills, organizational and communication skills, requires initiative, independent thinking, and the ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for supporting the City's public information requests process and electronic records request system in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating responses to records request requiring Attorney General Opinions under the direction of the City Attorney and City Secretary.
- Responsible for processing expunction requests and expunge records once finalized.
- Responsible for processing TWC claims and appeals in support of the City Attorney.
- Responsible for preparing ordinances and resolutions for City Council meetings, finalizing the original ordinances and resolutions after the meetings are held by adding the appropriate ordinance or resolution number, copying, and filing, sending ordinances to be codified, and updating the indexes for these meetings on the computer and filing hard copies of the indexes in the appropriate binders.
- Responsible for handling and distribution the original contracts/exhibits passed by the various boards to the appropriate departments for final execution, handling and record keeping.
- Responsible for preparing various contracts, deeds, easements, liens, agreements, claim letters, interoffice memorandums, proof of claims, and correspondence as directed by the City Attorney or City Secretary.
- Responsible for administrative duties and serving as back up for the CSO Administrative Assistant position.
- Performs all other duties, special tasks and responsibilities as directed, flexible to work the number of hours required to complete tasks of the office.
- Associate's Degree in public administration, paralegal studies, business, communications, or a related field from an accredited college or university OR equivalent education and directly related experience.
- Three (3) years customer service or general office experience
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of specialized public information request programs
This position may require 24-hour availability during emergency conditions
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Friendswood
LegalView all jobs at City of Friendswood