Transportation Public Works
Do you enjoy working outdoors or riding a bike? Do you enjoy helping people & getting things done in an effective and timely manner?
The Parking Compliance Technician plays a key role in making sure that there is an effective allocation of spaces in the public right-of-way. You are an ambassador for the City and a source of information to the citizen's and visitors of Fort Worth and will always be ready to help address issues of concern.
A successful candidate will be able to join a highly dynamic & collaborative team that focuses strongly on customer service. As an ambassador of the City we will consistently communicate to the public about best parking practices which leads to safe and efficient use of on-street curb space. When assigned to this team, you will provide customer service by answering questions regarding directions, events, building locations and parking policies. You will issue citations and warnings for non-compliance. This position requires the ability to work alone and therefore, must exercise good time management, proper judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with citizens.
Please note that Parking Compliance Technicians are not sworn police officers and have no arresting authority.
THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE WORKING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS SUCH AS THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS AND MAY REQUIRE ROTATING SHIFT ASSIGNMENTS TO INCLUDE SUNDAY THROUGH SATURDAY 6am-11pm.
Successful candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access skills desirable; 2-way radio operation or functioning in emergency situations desirable.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to both walk or ride a mountain bike (main source of transportation) for long distances and/or long hours outside in all elements (exposure to extreme weather conditions; close proximity to moving vehicles and dangerous traffic; exposure to exhaust, fumes, odors, an noise; work on slippery or uneven surfaces).
- Able to walk, ride a bike and stand for long periods of time
- High School Diploma/GED
- One (1) year of experience related to parking control, traffic services, recordkeeping/report writing, customer service, or related field.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Valid Certified Tourism Ambassador Certificate (CTA) within six months of employment.