The City of Fort Worth Water Department has a Customer Service Information Specialist job available in the Collections area of Water Customer Relations. This job is located downtown Fort Worth. You will be responsible for ensuring consistency and quality of customer service. You will work Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM.
Customer Service Information Specialist job duties include:
- Ensure consistency and quality of customer service.
- Assist walk-in water customers, provide information, and efficiently resolve complaints.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous and customer friendly manner.
- Process bill payments received in person and by mail.
- Promote the City and department Strategic Goals.
- Respond to request for services and assist with establishing payment plans.
- Check and balance bank deposits of $10,000 or more on a daily basis.
- Prepare financial reports.
All applicants must be able to take and pass the Office Skills Test with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm and filing score of 70 or above prior to the job closing date. The test is administered Monday-Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. City Hall, 200 Texas Street, Human Resources, Lower Level. No appointment is necessary but Photo ID is required. Please call (817) 392-7750 for additional information.
Minimum job requirements include:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- At least four years of increasingly responsible experience in customer service, cash handling, processing various forms of payment, review of complex account records and daily reconciliation of funds.
- At least one year of experience in a lead (Head Cashier) capacity role.
- Higher levels of education.
- Previous experience using PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and HTE/Superion Uitility Billing System.
- Bilingual skills, English/Spanish.
- Strong knowledge of cashiering procedures, practices and balancing principles.