The City of Fort Worth is recruiting for a full-time Auditor, to perform a variety of audits and activities within the Department of Internal Audit, including reviewing analyzing and auditing administrative and financial operations in City departments; and performing a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
The selected candidate will receive direction from the City Auditor or other management or supervisory staff. The position functions primarily in an office environment, with exposure to computer screens and travel to and from audit sites. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time and operating assigned equipment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting operational, compliance and financial audits;
- Preparing various audit planning documents, risk assessments, internal control questionnaires, background analysis, planning memos and work programs;
- Conducting fieldwork to accomplish objectives;
- Gathering, testing, validating data and drafting audit reports;
- Applying principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Making appropriate recommendations and following-up in a timely manner on previous recommendations to determine if satisfactory actions have been taken;
- Performing analytics and data mining, as necessary.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, financial analysis, auditing or a related field.
Possession of a valid driver's license
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in reviewing, analyzing, and auditing administrative and financial operations of a government entity.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access computer software as well as ten-key are required.