What We Are Looking For
The City of Fort Worth is recruiting for a part-time Administrative Technician to support the Employment Services Division responsibilities within the Police Department. The incumbent should possess an Associate's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Office Administration or a related field PLUS two (2) years of clerical and administrative experience. The number of hours will fluctuate depending on Department needs, but cannot exceed an average of 29 hours per week.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide administrative assistance to staff by preparing documents, scheduling meetings and screening clients and phone calls;
- Provide service to internal and external customers by answering inquires, resolving complaints or directing caller to appropriate department or personnel;
- Schedule pre-employment appointment(s) and/or screening(s) for new hires and/or promotions for Police Department (background, drug, polygraph, and fingerprint screenings);
- Create new hire letters and personnel files;
- Provide administrative support to employees and supervisors regarding the processes for reporting injuries, workers' compensation, limited duty program, leave issues (sick leave, family leave, voluntary leave bank, vacation leave donations);
- Maintain and track spreadsheet for all leaves (occupational leave, non-occupational leave, FMLA, limited duty, major medical sick leave);
- Compile, process employer portion of Workers' Compensation report;
- Create, maintain and retention of employee confidential employment & medical documents and reports in an organized manner according to department specifications; organizing, filing and retrieving departmental or divisional records;
- Process credit card reconciliation;
- Coordinate with supervisor to compile documents for open records requests, evaluations, files, and scan;
- Operate a variety of office equipment including computer, copy machine, fax or other equipment related to duties;
- Participate in special projects, providing input as needed;
- Perform other duties as required.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Higher levels of education and clerical experience as it relates to the vacancy;
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Experience in human resources, medical leaves, workers' compensation and accounting;
- Experience with sworn civil service and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization coupled with the ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality at all times;
- Experience in PeopleSoft (E.R.P.) or a similar human resources system;
- Extensive telephone and public contact customer service skills.
The Impact You Will Have:
As a City of Fort Worth Police Department employee, the incumbent will contribute to the Department's strategic goals, mission and vision by providing routine clerical and administrative support to the daily operations of the Employment Services and performing a variety of routine fiscal and administrative tasks, to include managing personnel files, for staff and management personnel in the Division. The incumbent will report to the Police Employment Specialist.
Final candidates selected for hire in the Police Department will be subject to a fingerprint/criminal history background check and polygraph examination. Applicants must not have used marijuana during the previous two (2) years, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten (10) years.
Environmental Conditions :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Positions in this class typically requires working with office equipment; exposure to computer screens; working closely with others; touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, walking and repetitive motions.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time; may exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; manual dexterity required.