What We're Looking For
The City of Fort Worth Police Department Internal Audit is recruiting for a part-time Administrative Assistant who has an Associate's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field PLUS four (4) years of clerical and administrative experience. The number of hours will fluctuate depending on Department needs, but cannot exceed an average of 19 hours per week.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide support to the daily operations of the police department; perform a wide variety of clerical processing duties such as and interacting with external and internal parties; processing paperwork and entering data into various databases;
- Provide administrative support to both general employees and sworn police officers at all levels; serve as liaison between division/department and external suppliers and vendors;
- Respond to requests for information from supervisory staff, employees, or general public; conduct follow-up research to retrieve answers and supporting information;
- Participate in special projects as assigned;
- Perform well in a high-volume, task oriented work environment;
- Perform other duties as required.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), and Adobe Professional;
- Experience in payroll, financial reports or accounting;
- Experience with sworn civil service and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization;
- Extensive telephone and public contact customer service skills;
- Experience working with law enforcement;
- High analytical and multitasking skills.
- Previous experience gathering records in response to requests under the Texas Public Information Act;
- Moderate computer skills, such as the ability to make compact discs and digital video discs, as well as the ability to quickly become proficient with a variety of computer programs and applications, including video editing software;
- Perform other duties as required.
The Impact You'll Have
As a City of Fort Worth Police Department employee, the incumbent will contribute to the Department's strategic goals, mission and vision by providing administrative support to the daily operations of the Purchasing Unit. The incumbent will perform a wide variety of clerical duties, interact with all levels of the organization.
Final candidates selected for hire in the Police Department will be subject to a fingerprint/criminal history background check and polygraph examination. Applicants must not have used marijuana during the previous two (2) years, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten (10) years.
Environmental Conditions :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Positions in this class typically requires working with office equipment; exposure to computer screens; working closely with others; touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, walking and repetitive motions.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential and other important responsibilities and duties require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time; may exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; manual dexterity required.