- Applicants who have taken a keyboarding test within the last 2 years will not be required to complete a Keyboarding test. Test results are kept on file for a period of 2 years.
- Applicants who have held an administrative position with the City for a minimum of 18 months where typing is a daily responsibility will not be required to complete the keyboarding test.
- Screen visitors and telephone calls and route as appropriate; assist the public, other departments and divisions by providing information concerning services provided, explain departmental/divisional policies and procedures requiring some interpretation and use a variety of established guidelines. Resolve problems which may include gathering and researching background information.
- Screen incoming mail and prioritize in order of importance.
- Maintain a calendar of activities, meetings and various events for assigned department manager and make travel arrangements.
- Schedule and arrange division activities, meetings, conferences and various work events.
- Compose, prepare, review and distribute a variety of forms, reports, correspondence and documentation; proofread and verify accuracy of a variety of documents including general correspondence, memoranda, and reports; maintain/revise the records retention and disposal schedule; monitor, retain and purge records as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budget; monitor expenditures.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including copiers, scanners, facsimile machines and computers; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain filing.
- Process accounts payables if required by department for which assigned; maintain related records and vendor files.
- Prepare monthly invoices if required by department for which assigned; requisition supplies and materials as required.
- Contact the public and outside agencies for the purpose of obtaining, clarifying, and providing information and making referrals.
Two years of increasingly responsible experience in office support work.
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial or office management training.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS
From the time of closing the hiring process is anticipated to last 2-4 weeks. The process will consist of a panel interview and clerical tests which may include, but are not limited to: Keyboarding, MS Word, MS Excel, Spelling and Proofreading with the selected candidate being subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background check and driving history check. Employment Type: Regular Full-Time