CITY OF FAIRFIELD
The City of Fairfield is announcing that a Civil Service exam will be given through the National Testing Network and will be used as the initial step to establish an Eligibility List for the position of Police Officer.
Please visit www.fairfield-city.org to fill out your application and for important testing details and information. You must fill out our application and take the test through National Testing Network to be considered in this process, when scheduling for testing with National Testing Network you will be asked to fill out a background investigation, please make sure to fill this out before November 15th. https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/
Our Police Officers are responsible for maintaining law and order, investigating crimes and protecting life and property throughout the City by enforcing the laws and ordinances of the City of Fairfield and the State of Ohio. It is a rewarding career in a progressive Police Department. Please refer to our website for detailed information and job description.
Scope of the written test will be multiple-choice questions to identify candidates with an aptitude for police work. A passing score of 70% on all sections of the exam is necessary to be scheduled for succeeding steps in the hiring process. The process continues with a physical agility test, structured oral interview, background investigation, polygraph (CVSA), medical (including drug screen), and psychological evaluation.
Qualifications include: U.S. Citizen; high school diploma/GED (Associate Degree in Criminal Justice and/or State of Ohio Basic Peace Officer Training Certificate preferred); valid Driver's license; minimum age 21 at the time of the exam and not eligible for original appointment to Fairfield Police Department on or after 35th birthday.
Please apply online by visiting www.fairfield-city.org . Applications will be accepted beginning, Monday October 14, 2019. Deadline for applications and testing is Friday, November 15, 2019 by 5pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Salary: Starting base pay with OPOTA certification is $29.97/hour
A state certified officer who has completed his/her probationary period with another police department, may be hired at a pay service step commensurate with his/her skills, knowledge, abilities and years of equivalent service.
City Recruitment Video: https://www.fairfield-city.org/371/Human-Resources
Under the general direction of a police supervisor, works in partnership with the community to promote a high quality of life by providing a safe and secure environment for those who reside in, work in, or are visitors to the City. Police Officers patrol the City to enforce laws, prevent crime, respond to calls for service, assist with solving problems, and related duties.
Provide superior police services to those requesting or requiring such services including information, advice, and direction. Patrol neighborhoods and business for indications of criminal activity and other disorders taking a problem-solving approach to the abatement of problems. Initiate activities in the support of the Fairfield Police Department mission.
- Enforce laws by issuing warnings, summons, or arrests when necessary.Carefully and clearly present information and testimony in Court and to other audiences as required.
- Conduct thorough and complete investigations, effectively gathering information through interview and other means.Follow up and close cases efficiently.
- Promote a safe and efficient movement of motor vehicle traffic through enforcement of traffic laws, and traffic direction where required.Control people and crowds in a safe, effective and courteous manner.Physically defend self and others from personal attack and pursue and apprehend fleeing suspects when necessary.
- Contribute to the overall effective delivery of police services of the Fairfield Police Department in special roles such as Investigator, Canine Officer, Evidence Technician, Traffic Crash Investigator, Field Training Officer, Bike Patrol, DARE, etc.
- Prepare accurate, understandable and presentable reports and correspondence.Conduct careful analysis of arrest, warrant, citation, etc., data where required.
- Maintain currency in critical skills of Law Enforcement such as firearms training, human relations, problem solving, reporting, etc.Maintain physical fitness to effectively carry out job responsibilities.
Employment Type: Full-Time