EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT INTERN PT
- Posted: over a month ago
Pay: $14.53 per hour
Under supervision of the Community Development Department, the Intern will assist and support the coordination and implementation of the City’s emergency preparedness plan.
- Assists and helps maintains a variety of Comprehensive Emergency Management Plans (CEMP), procedures and policies for the City of Corinth and other participating agencies.
- Assists with coordinating City emergency preparedness and coordinated response plans with state agencies, municipalities, public safety agencies, and volunteer service agencies in the planning, response, recovery and mitigation of emergencies and disasters.
- Assists with the development plans for City employees’ response to a broad array of natural and manmade disasters and emergency situations affecting City and regional operations.
- Assists with communication and coordination of disaster planning, emergency procedures and operational drills in preparation for emergency situations; assists with coordination of the operations of the regional Emergency Warning Systems and Emergency Operations Center.
- Attends with the City representative on regional emergency planning and response committees within the Lake Cities and Denton County; assists to assure the emergency preparedness programs meet City goals and regulatory standards.
- Assists in preparing reports and safety presentations to increase awareness of emergency preparedness.
- Assists in the research and helps identify grant opportunities that meet City needs and are consistent with the City’s emergency management plans; assists with writing grant proposals; assists with collecting and developing supporting data and documentation to enhance the grant process and meet funding agency requirements; helps facilitate the application process as needed; helps monitor grant funds, and purchases materials.
- Maintains the integrity, professionalism, values, and goals of the City by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed, and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
- Cooperates with co-workers professionally to accomplish work efficiently and effectively.
- Has regular, predictable attendance; attendance is a factor in continued employment with the City.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma and in at least the third year of higher education.
Actively enrolled in an Emergency Management Degree program. Desire to learn the municipal government process and how Emergency Management relates to municipal government operations.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Texas Driver License.
Required Knowledge of (or the ability to learn):
- City organization, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Principles and practices of emergency management plans and programs.
- Regulations and standards governing emergency preparedness and response activities, including Code of Federal Regulations 44 CFR Emergency Management and Assistance regulations, and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) guidelines.
- Emergency management records, reports, and documentation requirements.
- Research methods for grant funded programs and grant application procedures.
- Regional geography, traffic patterns, and the location of streets, landmarks, and buildings.
- Customer service standards and protocols.
Required Skill in:
- Administering and maintaining municipal emergency management plans and programs.
- Promoting emergency preparedness within the community.
- Preparing emergency management reports in accordance with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with staff, City departments and officials, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Basic Office/Clerical skills will be necessary including but not limited to copying, scanning, filing, organizing, utilization of basic Microsoft Application suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Teams).
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment, at City facilities and other locations throughout the City.
- Some in-the-field work should be anticipated. Requiring proper personal protective equipment supplied by the City.
Powered by JazzHR
City of Corinth
GovernmentView all jobs at City of Corinth