City of Celina Celina, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Celina. We are growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative people to join our team of talented and valued employees. High performing organizations have a set of principles, core values that are used to implement their goals and objectives. Those values represent what we are deeply passionate about and guides the decisions of the individual employees and the organization. At the City of Celina, we demonstrate our high performance by modeling the Values of Excellence, Community, Integrity and Service and it is expected of all we employ.
Summary: Under general supervision of the Meters Supervisor, the Meter Technician ensures the continuing operation of the City water meter infrastructure. The purpose of this position is to maintain and perform maintenance, repairs, and installations on all city owned and operated meters.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs and troubleshoots Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) meters to automatically collect consumption of residential and commercial water meters.
- Investigates and reports mechanical and electrical meter failures.
- Performs tests to calibrate equipment to ensure water meters are functioning accurately.
- Maintains storehouse, including loss prevention and inventory control.
- Ensures that work orders are updated and completed daily.
- Installs new water meters and disconnects meters for nonpayment.
- Organizes tools, equipment, and supplies necessary to complete assignments.
- Inspects, cleans, and maintains equipment and tools in safe operating order.
- Performs routine inspections of assigned areas to detect any necessary repairs.
- Works closely with water department; learns and understands the needs of utility billing.
- Assists utility billing with customer concerns.
- Uses standard office equipment including a computer and laptop; drives City vehicles to work sites, transports materials and assists other staff as required.
- Ensures that worksites are clean after work is performed and replaces landscaping.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
- One (1) year water meter experience is preferred.
- Must obtain TCEQ Class D Water License within six months of hire and be able to obtain a TCEQ Class C water license within 2 years.
- Must hold a Valid Class C Texas Driver's License.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle record check.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of TCEQ compliance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair techniques for water, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems depending on area of assignment.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of assigned light equipment, power, and hand tools.
- Knowledge of safe handling techniques of hazardous chemicals and materials.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the geographical layout of the City and the location of meters.
- Knowledge of assigned route.
- Skill in following oral and written communications.
- Skill in planning and organizing materials and supplies necessary to complete work orders or daily assignments.
- Skill in operating assigned equipment and tools.
- Skill in resolving customer concerns.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Ability to learn to operate associated software systems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to utilize computer hardware and software relating to work and field equipment.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to read maps and locate addresses.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in field environments.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry, and vision to monitor.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, infectious diseases, air and water borne pathogens, and unsafe and unhealthy building conditions.
- May experience rough or unstable terrain and works in high, precarious places and exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- May be subject to extended periods of bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing ladders, lifting or carrying building materials.
- May be exposed to moving traffic, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, heights, confined spaces, trenches, air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, infectious diseases, rodents and insects.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
Other Important Duties:
- Provides backup assistance, on-call coverage and support to other City departments as assigned.
- Travels to attend meetings and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes hand/power tools and equipment specific to area of assignment, ladders, testing equipment, generators, water pumps, department vehicles, and others as assigned.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Celina
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at City of Celina