The City of Bellevue is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative at the Robinswood Tennis Center. The Robinswood Tennis Center features an all season indoor/outdoor tennis facility, locker rooms, and retail kiosk. At peak times, the RTC facility is a busy facility with a variety of tennis programs and activities occurring simultaneously. The City is seeking a mature and trustworthy individual that enjoys working independently in a multifunctional environment to greet and assist with customer needs. This position reports to the Program Coordinator but works closely with the Administrative Assistant.
Hours: Weekend, approximately 15-20 hrs a week depending on shift.
- Represent the City in a positive manner and provide quality customer service to the public.
- Answer and route incoming calls.
- Collect rental fees and register customers using BlueRec registration software.
- Schedule court rental reservations.
- Handle payment transactions, which include cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Assume responsibility for shift reports and accountability of funds.
- Complete reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly and provide accurate information to the public.
- Inform patrons of rules and policies of the City of Bellevue.
- Replenish supplies and assist with cleaning the office and other areas of the facility assigned.
- Report any damage, incidents and injuries using appropriate forms.
- Work with other employees to provide safe conditions for the public.
- Report any unsafe situations and conditions.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Adhere to safety procedure protocol and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and ability to use a computer (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer) and office machines (e.g. copy machine, fax, calculator, card scanner, cash register.)
- Ability to learn and use the BlueRec registration software system.
- Ability to work independently and on a team in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to work in a busy, multifunctional environment with interruptions, prioritize work; organize documentation, and coordinate and complete work assignments efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Candidate must pass criminal background check prior to being hired.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Work involves walking, talking, and hearing. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to focus for long periods of time.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
- The noise level in the work in environment varies from moderate to high.
This is a Variable, non-exempt, non-union position.
Definition of a Variable Employee:
Average weekly hours cannot be determined at date of hire.
Hours may vary from week to week and are anticipated to be 28 hours per week or less.
NOTE: Will be considered full-time and eligible for medical coverage if hours average 30 hours per week or more over a 12-month measurement period (or 130 hours per month).
For more information, call John Soriano at 425-452-7665 or via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org . For any technical difficulties with your application, please contact the NEOGOV support line at 855-524-5627.
Employment Type: Variable