Bellevue is a dynamic, international and multicultural, future-focused, diversity driven, high performing City. Our Council vision is: "Bellevue welcomes the world, our diversity is our strength." We value all employees and their contributions. The City invests in its employees and encourages and rewards employee growth and development by building on our commonalities and our differences. Bellevue is high tech hub, noted for its diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. We work collectively to make it a place where you want to work, live and play.
The IT Department consists of 60 talented full-time employees and supports city wide custom and SaaS applications, networks, cybersecurity, servers, GIS, digital government and provides technology services to the regional eCityGov Alliance. Bellevue consistently places in the top five in the Digital Cities Survey for advancing digital government and Smart Cities.
In this role, you are a key member of the Information Technology Department's Business Operations unit which provides financial support services for all of IT. In addition, the team provides financial services for the eCityGov Alliance. Serving as the focal point for contracting, this position provides the Information Technology Department with expertise and facilitation for IT procurement and Council actions that would be reviewed by internal stakeholders. As the subject matter expert for contracting, this position would create guides and tools for managers and leads that help clarify and facilitate the contracting process. This role also would support the eCityGov Alliance on contracting and procurement processes as needed.
- Be the department Subject Matter Expert (SME) for procurement and contracting.
- Creates guides and tools for managers and leads that help facilitate the contracting process.
- Be the go-to person for advice and questions about City of Bellevue procurement and contracting processes.
- Partner with the Finance and Asset Management (FAM) Department and the City Attorney's Office (CAO) to create master agreements for various types of IT-related acquisitions (e.g. Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements, large software purchases, maintenance agreements and, hardware purchases.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
- Work is performed under broad supervisory oversight and greater independence of action with regular opportunity to apply independent judgment, decision-making and recommendations.
- Incumbent is accountable for the integrity of the work performed.
- Position Reports to the Business Operations Manager.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations controlling budgetary, fiscal, and contract procedures of City government.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of automated information systems, office procedures, and data processing.
- Skill in interfacing effectively in a complex and dynamic work environment.
- Skill in good listening and communications.
- Skill in preparing clear and comprehensive technical reports, recommendations, and proposals, verbally and in writing.
- Skill in reading and comprehending technical specifications, laws, and codes as they relate to contract administration.
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks and non-routine matters.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, with contractors, consultants, employees, and other departments.
- Analyze, evaluate and summarize contractual records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules and policies.
- Ability to provide information correctly and concisely, both orally and in writing to explain, clarify, and resolve sensitive issues.
- Monitor and oversee daily operations and work flow of assigned function.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Provide effective training and guidance to less experienced employees.
- Provide positive customer relations skills and business acumen.
- Communicate verbally and in written documentation complex contractual and procurement concepts to varied audiences across the City of Bellevue.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- College-level course-work or graduation from an accredited two-year or four-year college or university with a degree in paralegal studies, contract management, business administration or a related field.
- Five or more years of related professional experience in contract management, paralegal, procurement or related business administration field.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Proficient skill level using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience using ERP systems, the City's system is JDE is desired.
- The final candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
The City of Bellevue supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Persons needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources Office, at 425-452-6838. Employment Type: Regular