This position is assigned to the Department of Public Works (Utilities) and on occasion participates in the daily activities of other functioning departments within Public Works.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performance of all aspects of utility maintenance and repair to include but not limited to water and sewer mains and services.
- Work a rotating on-call and be available for emergency 24 hoursa day.
- Maintains system facilities, equipment and tools, including well sites
- Provides line locater service for other companies doing work in the city
- Coordinates with Utilities Billing Coordinator on customer complaints, questions and meter readings as directed by Crew Leader
- Assist with enforcement of safety rules and promotes safe working habits
- Evaluates assigned equipment as to maintenance needs to report back to management
- Assist by reporting division's materials and supplies needs relative to assigned duties
- Assists other divisions or departments as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with safety, training and operation of equipment
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Minimum five years experience and knowledge in ground water supply systems, and or sewer system repair, or construction field similar to this type of work, two years of supervisory experience a plus
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- Valid Texas Class C driver license; Texas Class B CDL required within six (6) months of employment
- Obtain Class C Ground Water, Class I or II Wastewater Collection within 3 years of employment
- Practical use of a rod and level preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Practical use of computers utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate tools and equipment associated with the job
- Working conditions are in a field environment
- Must be able to pass a drug and/or alcohol screen
This class specification is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this class specification at any time without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
City of Alamo Heights