- Expired: May 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons-bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
City Winery, founded in New York City in 2008 by Michael Dorf, strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our guests who are passionate in sharing enthusiasm around wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining.
Prep cooks are responsible for the preparation of food items. This includes chopping vegetables, breaking down, cutting or grinding meat, weighing and mixing ingredients, washing and preparing vegetables, storing food, and other duties as per business need.
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a Prep Cook in full-service, high-volume, fast paced kitchen or food service environment
• Strong work ethic, team player, and customer-focused approach
• Strong knife skills and food handling experience
• Working knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and sanitation standards
• Ability to follow and execute recipes to designated specifications
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to work in a clean, organized, and efficient manner in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
• Aptitude to resolve problems
• Polished presentation
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Gather and prepare a variety of food items for kitchen service in an accurate and timely manner
• Wash, slice, peel, measure, mix, and prepare food items based on guidelines and recipe standards
• Perform work in different prep stations as per business demands.
• Operate a variety of kitchen equipment in safe manner
• Weigh and portion product to meet recipe standards
• Store, label, and date items according to proper practices
• Clean and sanitize all work stations, areas, and equipment
• Maintain department cleanliness and organization, adhere to safe work and equipment practices, and follow all food safety, health and sanitation standards
• Set up, stock stations, and replenish kitchen inventory and supplies as needed
• Ensure food is stored away properly when not in use
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of recipes, ingredients, allergens, and food presentation
• Ensure all products and prepared items are labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated following FIFO
• Exhibit mindfulness of volume due to open kitchen setting
• Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
• Perform all other reasonably assigned duties
You Give us Your Passion? We Give You: Competitive pay, live music & concerts daily, employee discounts, commuter benefits, and more!
City Winery Washington DC
FoodView all jobs at City Winery Washington DC