FOH Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
Front of House Operations Managers are our in-house hospitality professionals who ensure daily operational excellence, overall guest satisfaction and management of the FOH team. This role participates in a variety of dimensions of the business from leading the service teams, maximizing food and beverage sales, handling pre-shift trainings, to promoting retail wine sales, merchandise, and more.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a multi-faced, high-volume restaurant, venue, and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Exceptional hospitality skills
- Proven leadership skills and commitment to operational excellence
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task, delegate, and manage several tasks at once in fast paced environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Functional knowledge of health department and related regulations
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing and walking for extended periods of time, bending, pulling, pushing, lifting, and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Able and willing to work flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Manage day to day restaurant and/or floor operations and provide on-the-floor support to staff for duration of a service shift including but not limited to assigning server sections, overseeing side work, observing steps of service, and maintaining overall cleanliness/tidiness of the restaurant.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, coaching/counseling, and separation process of hourly employees
- Ensure restaurant and venue are fully prepared and organized for daily execution of the operation
- Manage staffing and operations of all revenue centers including venue, bar, support staff, service, private events, as applicable based on designated area of focus
- Prepare scheduling on a weekly basis
- Ensure maintenance of property by examining areas daily for cleanliness and maintenance needs and directed to appropriate employees to handle
- Resolve guest concerns and complaints with exemplary level of hospitality
- Perform all cash handling procedures: opening, mid-day safe counts, cash pay-outs and nightly cash drops, as needed
- Check in with guests in bar and restaurant area during shift to ensure guest satisfaction and identify any opportunities
- Assist with staff trainings both in daily pre-shifts and monthly FOH staff service meetings
- Maintain pars of all printed promotional materials, comment cards, or other check presenter inserts.
- Maintain & update contact lists, VIP, and public event guest lists
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and motivate others and achieve results. Empowered to make day-to-day decisions confidently both with guests, service teams and other departmental management.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with service teams and management.
- Other duties, initiatives, and tasks as per business need
This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. We offer health insurance with Company contribution towards premium, generous paid time off policy, commuter benefits, 401K Retirement Plan, Volunteer Opportunities, Flexible Spending Accounts including pre-tax commuter benefits and parking, & more depending on position and other Company eligibility requirements.
City Winery Washington DC
Get fresh Winery Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.