City-State, LLC is currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer -#329570 for WRPS in Richland, WA for the Hanford Site.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK-SPECIFIC:
Under general supervision, does all conventional design engineering and analysis. Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10 to 30 years of electrical design experience
- Experience in preparation of feasibility, conceptual and detailed design deliverables, technical reports, and cost estimates for new and existing facilities.
- Experience includes two or more years of design or operational experience at a nuclear facility, including US Naval nuclear power
- Familiar with the nuclear facility engineering document change process.
- Familiar with construction practices and issues related to an operating nuclear facility preferred.
- Familiar with NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
- Familiar with SKM load flow demand data, protective device data, short circuit data and arc flash data.
- Proficient with interpretation and application of core NEC 2017 Articles, including 110, 210, 215, 225, 230, 240, 250, 300, 310, 344, 400, 408, 427, 430, 450, Chapter 9 Tables and Annex C.
- Ability to generate detailed industrial power system one-lines utilizing medium voltage connections, motor control centers, switchgear, distribution boards, transfer switches, power transformers, uninterruptible power supplies, UL 508A industrial control panels, variable frequency drives (VFDs), and generators.
- Ability to generate electrical calculation documents for sizing & installation of distribution system conductors, conduits, grounding conductors and overcurrent protective devices.
- Ability to generate electrical elementary diagrams, with control panel layout and wiring/connection diagrams.
- Ability to generate I&C loop diagrams, logic diagrams and control system P&IDs.
- Experienced in conducting field walks to develop as-built drawings of electrical power equipment with instrumentation & control systems.
- Ability to generate electrical and I&C hardware drawings, material lists, wire run schedules and conduit schedules.
- Proficient in coordinating project work to develop application solutions among electrical vendors, cross-discipline peers and design customers.
- Self-performing and capable of leading engineering tasks with minimum oversight.
WORK LOCATION/POTENTIAL ACCESS
Primary work location will be located at 2620 Fermi, Richland, WA 99353. Occasional visits to Hanford site locations may be required.
SITE ACCESS/WORK HOURS
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Overtime hours or work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and approved by the Level 1 Manager or BTR.