City-State, LLC is currently recruiting for IVR Nuclear Safety Engineers for Amentum in Aiken, SC,. This position will support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization.
Support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review, and implementation of nuclear safety documentation for various facilities at the Savannah River Site. Provide technical assistance in developing and reviewing nuclear safety
documents and analyses, technical safety requirements, and related technical support documentation. Ensure that the developed nuclear safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, applicable controls are implemented in field procedures.
Conduct Nuclear Safety Program assessments, facility Readiness Assessments (RAs), and Implementation Verification Reviews (IVRs).
Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Education: BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Advanced degrees preferred.
US Citizenship Required
Duration 3 Years- 0 Options
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 15 years of recent experience in the nuclear safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry. Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree.
- Familiar with Nuclear Safety Programs and considered a Nuclear Safety Subject Matter Expert.
- Previous experience in performing and/or evaluating nuclear operations.
- Proficient in performing Nuclear Safety Program assessments, facility RAs, and IVRs.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in the field.
- Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 413.3, DOE O 420.1, and related directives and standards is required.
- Previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS safety basis documents is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work.
Work Hours: This is a part-time position that will work on an as-needed basis determined by facility mission schedules. Estimated total annual work hours is 800 hours. A 40-hour work week is scheduled. Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has an unpaid 30-
minute lunch break. Extended work hours and workdays are to be expected with this position.
Area Security Access: Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance. Supplier shall possess a positive FOCI determination from DOE which includes the Q security clearance level. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to
perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on work assignments. Candidate who has had an active L or Q clearance within the past two years is preferred.
Additionally, CSL is an experienced, safe, compliant, and connected materials waste management and transportation subcontractor. CSL maintains a focus on environmental compliance, safety, radioactive and hazardous materials waste logistics, transportation, and disposal management.
Why Work Here?City-State, LLC (CSL) is an SBA-certified HUBZone small business providing a wide array of engineering, environmental compliance, waste management, transportation, scientific, and administrative staff augmentation support services at multiple Department of Energy (DOE) sites. Additionally, CSL is an experienced, safe, compliant, and connected materials waste management and transportation subcontractor. CSL maintains a focus on environmental compliance, safety, radioactive and hazardous materials waste logistics, transportation, and disposal management.
City-State, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.