City-State, LLC is currently recruiting for a Health Physicist-#335780 for CHPRC in Richland, WA for the Hanford Site.
*Please note this position is for CHPRC in Richland, Washington to support the Hanford site.
Position Title: Health Physicist
FT/PT – Hours: FT 40
Work Location: 200W/MO2159 - or as otherwise directed by the CLR Supervisor
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE RADIATION PROTECTION TEAM!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in sunny Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy.
Our Radiation Protection Programs team is seeking an experienced Health Physicist who has the ability to support oversight and implementation of the CHPRC Radiological Protection program. Our mission is safe, compliant implementation of 10 CFR 835. If you are a health physics professional who enjoys challenging, yet gratifying work, then we want to talk to you.
A day in the life of a Program Health Physicist may involve:
• Supporting the implementation of 10 CFR 835.
• Providing technical support, procedure and technical basis document development, and implementation oversight of one or more program functional areas (ALARA, contamination control, work planning, assessments, instrumentation, emergency preparedness, etc.).
• Ensuring assigned policies, procedures, and technical documents effectively implement conduct of operations principles, safety management program components, and radiological control requirements.
• Providing radiological control expertise and coordination for major project activities in support of accomplishing critical milestones.
• Performing work in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective manner.
• BA/BS degree in Science, Health Physics, or Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ direct job related experience in applied Health Physics or Radiological Engineering
• Experience in Radiological Work Planning and/or experience in the implementation of occupational radiation protection programs and functional areas, as defined by 10 CFR 835
Security Clearance Required: No
Testing Designated Position: No
Commercial Driver Lic: No
Nuclear Facility Position: No
Occupational Medical Screening: No
EJTA: No occupational medical surveillance programs identified
Additionally, CSL is an experienced, safe, compliant, and connected materials waste management and transportation subcontractor. CSL maintains a focus on environmental compliance, safety, radioactive and hazardous materials waste logistics, transportation, and disposal management.
Why Work Here?City-State, LLC (CSL) is an SBA-certified HUBZone small business providing a wide array of engineering, environmental compliance, waste management, transportation, scientific, and administrative staff augmentation support services at multiple Department of Energy (DOE) sites. Additionally, CSL is an experienced, safe, compliant, and connected materials waste management and transportation subcontractor. CSL maintains a focus on environmental compliance, safety, radioactive and hazardous materials waste logistics, transportation, and disposal management.
City-State, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Los Alamos, NM