The Collections Call Center Specialist will be responsible for the timely collection of past due accounts.
This role works as a member of the Collections team, and collaborates closely with Customer Service, Sales and the Accounting team.
Responsibilities of the Collections Call Center Specialist:
- Monitor and collect past-due accounts, specifically targeting low value contracts.
- Place and receive high volume of collection calls, email notifications, and perform related follow-up activities with customers and the Account Management department.
- Meet or exceed established collection targets.
- Proactively identify aging receivables, initiate and conduct all collection activities from initial customer contact to collection of funds or write off. Negotiate payment terms to reduce outstanding receivables, and suspend delinquent accounts if necessary.
- Perform detailed account reconciliation as needed to resolve and bring about closure on any and all disputed receivables. Escalate customer disputes and collection issues to management as needed.
- Make recommendations to management on what proper actions to take on past due accounts (propose service suspensions, continuations, and legal actions, as necessary).
- Identify bad debt or financial exposure.
- Interface with cross-functional groups, including Sales and Management.
- Assist in preparing standard credit, collection, and cash reports on request.
- Provide backup administrative and technical support to the Accounts Receivable area as needed.
- Perform special projects as requested.
Basic Qualifications of the Collections Call Center Specialist:
- 3+ years of commercial accounts receivable collections experience in a fast-paced, high volume, high growth environment.
- High call volume
- Candidates must be customer service oriented, highly organized, and can multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet or exceed targets.
- Possess a collaborative work style, whilst being equally able to operate independently.
- Ability to take direction and function as a team player.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a positive attitude are a must.
- Must be PC proficient. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
An attractive salary plus commission incentives are being offered.
Please apply immediately by submitting your resume.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).